Intelligence Analyst Job Description:
The Narcotics and Transnational Crime Support Center (NTC) provides tailored intelligence and operations support to Law Enforcement (LE) and Inter-Agency (IA) partners conducting complex, multifaceted operations and investigations. The cadre of the NTC synthesizes Counternarcotic (CN), counterterrorism (CT), counter-threat finance (CTF) and Counter Transnational Organized Crime (C-TOC) intelligence in support of LE operations. Tasks cover on-site functional and technical intelligence support to the NTC including all-source analysis with an emphasis in CN Trafficking, social network/open source analysis, and financial analysis.
An NTC Intelligence Analyst’s mission is to support interagency counterdrug and counter-transnational organized crime investigations and operations globally to target, disrupt, and dismantle criminal organizations with a drug trafficking, terrorism, cyber (bitcoin and darkweb analysis), or other transnational criminal nexus.
- Perform continuous research, analysis, multimedia production, and dissemination to support the NTC.
- Focus on assigned region of the world and on functional topics, including illicit trafficking, terrorism, money laundering, illicit travel/countering terrorist mobility, and Dark Net/cyber enabled threats.
- Fuse all-source intelligence and law enforcement agency (LEA) data into actionable intelligence products that support tactical and operational efforts for LE and Inter-agency (IA) mission partners.
- Conducts all-source network analysis of world-wide drug related issues to include TOC, CD, and drug trafficking organizations (DTOs), DTO operations, internal security, methods, organizational facilities, personalities involved in drug production, processing, flow and narco-terrorism. Provide operational CD intelligence support both to DoD elements performing drug detection and monitoring missions and to U.S. and international law enforcement agencies involved in drug interdiction and anti-kingpin missions. Performs predictive analysis on the flows and patterns of TOC, CD, and DTOs and follows drug related corruption influence.
- Provide targeting and network analysis to DoD elements, LE, and the IA in conducting complex, multi-national, multi-faceted operations and investigations against drug trafficking and other threat networks and related finance and facilitation activities.
- Conducts all-source analysis of transregional and transnational threat networks associated with counterdrug, terrorism, narco-terrorism, illicit trafficking, insurgency, cyber enabled crime (exploiting data seized form Dark Web Servers such as IP Addresses, Bitcoin Wallets, monikers, and phone numbers) or operations which threaten the security of DoD personnel and interests. Conducts analysis on specific target threat countries, activities and non-state actors such as drug traffickers, insurgent/terrorist individuals or groups.
- As directed, represents the organization as an Intelligence Analyst during coordination and liaison with counterparts throughout the U.S law enforcement, intelligence community, inter-agency and operational staffs of the Unified Commands, military services, and other Government agencies.
- Identifies and analyzes plans and actions for CN, CT, CTF and C-TOC activities; assists in preparation and coordination with intelligence and operational activities, Global Combatant Commands (GCCs), other Department of Defense (DoD) and US Government (USG) agencies, Partner Nations, and/or the public/private sector as required.
- Monitors and provides advice on CN, CTF, and C-TOC assessments to support DoD and/or IA development of case files, evidentiary material, designation packages, to include actionable intelligence on specific entities.
- Facilitates information sharing among GCCs, other DoD agencies, LE, IA, and public/private sector partners; attends and/or supports meetings, briefings, coordination sessions, conferences, and required forums regarding CN, CT, CTF and C-TOC issues.
- Assists in identification of CN, CTF, and C-TOC intelligence requirements and capabilities among DoD and USG agencies in coordination with LEA/IA partners.
- Supports the processing of incoming reports and messages, determining significance and reliability of incoming information. Analyzes current intelligence holdings, identifies potential shortfalls, gaps and vulnerabilities to develop subsequent collection requirements.
- Monitors and maintains awareness of operational traffic relating to functional or regional areas regarding CN, CT, CTF, and C-TOC operations; provides illicit network infrastructure mapping on established targets and identifies new targets.
- Develops complex analytical approaches to problems and situations for which data is incomplete, controversial, or for which no precedent exists. Extracts, analyzes, stores, and incorporates data into actionable intelligence products.
- Participates in and develops informal training for on-the-job/peer-to-peer, round table discussions or brown bags sessions specifically addressing Law Enforcement (LE) regulatory, and administrative aspects of the C-TOC, CN, and CTF mission sets.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a BA degree and 4 - 8 years specialized training and 5 + years intelligence analysis experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Contractor personnel should have experience in the following:
- Experience in all source, criminal, and threat financial analysis.
- Proficiency performing tasks in state-of-the-art hardware and software applications to incorporate data mining, data manipulation, link/nodal analysis, graphics and multimedia production technologies.
- Develops briefings, reports and short notice position papers; reviews and compiles reports to prepare leadership and management.
- Participate in working groups, coordination and collaboration meetings.
- Prepare intelligence documents through intelligence gathering using multiple intelligence sources such as human intelligence (HUMINT), signals intelligence (SIGINT), geospatial intelligence (GEOINT), measurement and signature intelligence (MASINT), and open source intelligence (OSINT) to support customers including military, intelligence, LE or security agencies. Recommends process improvements or enhancements.
- Experience with Analyst’s Notebook (ANB) as well as Intelligence Analysis experience regarding Cyber related activities associated with bitcoin and darkweb analysis.
12+ years of experience conducting analysis with focus on Counternarcotics - Social Network Analysis - Phone Treeing - Network Buildout / Targeting - Financial Analysis - Analyst Notebook – Cryptocurrency
Additional desired skills are social network analysis, phone treeing, network buildout/targeting, financial analysis, and analyst notebook experience
Coordination with law enforcement agencies
Intelligence Analysis experience specializing in counter narcotics and drug trafficking
Experience with counter threat finance or money laundering experience is strongly desired.
Experience with Cryptocurrency is a huge plus
Experience working closely with DEA, DHS, and/or FBI
- Must already possess an active TS/SCI Clearance, and be willing to obtain a polygraph if required by the contract.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.