Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals. Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a position supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs. The Senior Technical Advisor will directly support the Uranium Program Manager within the Office Of Secondary Stage Production Modernization (NA-12). They will provide planning, direction, coordination, and control necessary to accomplish all work requirements, and manage and oversee all aspect of the Program Management Office. This position requires an experienced person with demonstrated program management expertise ideally developed during engagement with Federal and/or Defense agencies.
This is a full-time contractor-support position located on-site at the NNSA offices in Washington, DC.
- Directly support the modernization of technologies and capital acquisitions at NNSA sites
- Organize, plan, schedule, implement, control, analyze performance on various projects and programs
- Effective managing a diverse and complex portfolio
- Organize, plan, schedule, implement, control, and report on all elements of the Program Office
- Present the status of contract activities, requirements, and problems during program reviews and in response to requests from the Government.
- Coordinate with contracts, finance, Project Management, and contractors to Identify, mitigate, and control risks
- Drive process improvement and innovation
- Create plans and processes required to meet all performance, schedule, quality, cost, and security requirements
- Manage and integrate the efforts of subcontractors, assuring flow-down and fulfillment of all contractual requirements
- Plan/lead program reviews and briefings; identify and report on issues or related problems and potential risks
- Maintain currency on relevant management tools and technologies, and provide inputs for white papers and proposals and risk mitigation
- Bachelor's Degree in in engineering, science or related background
- 10 years of relevant experience in program management or supporting program offices
- Familiar with Uranium conversion processes
- 3 years of experience leading complex infrastructure and modernization efforts to achieve standardized, consistent and repeatable processes for delivery of capabilities across the a large NNSA/DOE agency
- Familiarity with acquisitions of MIE’s or large procurements
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization and meeting with stakeholders to formulate, review, and execute task plans and deliverable items.
- Experience with DOE or similar Agency Business Operating Procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must be a US Citizen
- 15+ years’ experience working with DOE/NNSA
- DOE Q clearance or equivalent
- Experience with Production Modernization Office (NA-12) and the National Nuclear Security Administration
- Experience with Technology realization efforts, deployment and NNSA order 413.3B, DOE O 413.3B, Program and Project Management for the Acquisition of Capital Assets
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from the Department of Energy, that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated . If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.