Unleash your talents at Leidos! Grow and advance rapidly in your career by letting Leidos challenge you with the country's toughest technical problems.
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Information Technologist; System Administrator (SysAdmin) at Fort Meade, MD. This position is part of a large program supporting Air Combat Command’s (ACC) Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) mission.
The System Administrator (SysAdmin) candidate will be responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems; especially multi-user computers, such as servers. The SysAdmin will ensure that the uptime, performance, resources, and security of the computers they manage meet the needs of the users. The SysAdmin may be required to install or upgrade computer components and software; provide routine automation; maintain security policies; troubleshoot; train or supervise staff; or offer technical support for projects.
- Maintain Responsibility for Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks(WAN) policies
- Design and Monitor new complex systems
- Configure and install systems hardware or software and maintain server and domain security requirements.
- Solve complex networking and administration issues and use critical thinking to support network functionality along side Network Administrators.
- Plan and schedule the installation of new or modified hardware, operating systems and applications software
- Manage accounts , network rights , access to systems and equipment and implement security procedures and tools.
- Resolve hardware and software interface and interoperability problems.
- Ensures systems availability , functionality , integrity and efficiency.
- Maintain systems configuration and mange the installation and integration of system fixes, upgrades and enhancements .
- Perform feasibility studies on complex information systems and conduct in-depth analysis complicated by novel problems.
- Participate in Management meetings, discussions , committees and special projects
- Current TS/SCI Cleared with current C/I Polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology and 8 years of related experience. Additional related IT experience may substitute for a degree.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working as a System Administrator
- Minimum of 4 years experience working with VMware utilization technologies
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with Microsoft System Administration including lodging scripting ,Group Policy objects (GPO's) and Windows servers roles including DHCP, DNS and active directory.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with SAN storage.
- Knowledge of Linux system administration including lodging .
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server 2012 System Administration and Troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of essentials for IT security and security administration.
- Information Assurance DOD 85701-M Certification.
- VMWare Certified Professional Certification
- Must have Security + certification.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with CISCO Identity Services Engine.
- VMWare Certified Professional Certification
- Experience with PowerShell scripting and Networking.
- Experience with clustering.
- Experience with Windows Deployment Services (WDS)
- Knowledge of complex configuration management techniques and requirements appropriate to manage base level network systems.
- MCSA Certification.
- VCAP Certification.
- CCIE Certification
- CCNP Certification
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.