The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos’s Intelligence Group currently has an opening for a Data Warehouse Specialist (DWS) to work in Kearneysville, West Virginia. The DWS will join our growing USCG IMS team and work autonomously within a team to support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, innovation, problem and change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability on all Department of Defense IP networks. Manage database auditing, to include daily review of audit reports; continually investigate methods to improve database reliability and performance for peer review and implementation alongside developers and systems engineers. Provide input on capacity planning, high availability solutions and upgrade strategies, including proactive database performance monitoring, tuning and best practices implementation. In this position, you will work collaboratively to architect, design, build, deliver, and enhance highly available, scalable, real-time systems. Limited potential for travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations for short durations in support of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) United States Coast Guard’s Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC) – Alexandria, VA command cadre.
- Possession of a current DoD Secret clearance is required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Provide support and guidance to application developers with SQL tuning, data modeling and physical database design
- Must have at least one of the following DoD approved baselines for IAM I certification; CAP, CND, Cloud+, GSLC, Security+ CE, HCISPP Bachelors’ Degree or additional years of relevant work experience and 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong, hands-on production-level Oracle DWS experience on Unix/LINUX systems
- Solid production-level SQL Server DWS experience
- Thorough database high availability and replication experience using utilities such as Oracle RAC, Data Guard, Data Pump, etc.
- Excellent experience with database design, creation, upgrade
- Evaluate rights to enterprise systems, network, security devices, design, approve, enterprise changes, engineering, troubleshooting, verify updates to servers, application, network devices, test updates before release.
- Solid knowledge of Oracle 12c and technical database concepts, such as: logical relational data modeling, physical data modeling, tuning large instances, resource management, data replication and backup/recovery techniques.
- Knowledge of heterogeneous database gateways, esp. between Oracle and SQL Server databases
- Experience in Oracle database tuning and SQL optimization using Enterprise Manager Cloud Control, AWR/ADDM, etc.
- Ability to develop key performance metrics
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to effectively troubleshoot, resolve, or escalate problems
- Experience with automating database tasks using T/SQL, PL/SQL, Python, ksh, bash, csh, and (Windows) PowerShell scripting, and other automation utilities
- BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Prior DoD experience working on DODIN circuits
- Certification in ITILv4.0 foundations
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.