Leidos is seeking a Software Developer to assist with providing Knowledge Management (KM) services to allow users to not only save and organize what they have found but also collaborate with others on that data. The role requires project management and technical support to manage projects and to perform software development activities within budget. As part of a team, the candidate is expected to comply with the Sponsor’s Lean Agile methodology, participating in all Lean Agile scrums, sprints, and grooming sessions. The other duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the progress of Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) product integration and development efforts, ensuring tasks are completed on schedule
- Consult and coordinate appropriately for program resolution, task scheduling, new resource requirements, and task clarification
- Work in partnership with an integrated team of staff and integrators
- Understand the Customer’s environment, including AWS and Azure cloud, coordinate and collaborate with security, operations, testing, and other teams to provide system information and technical support, managing and update JIRA tickets and designing, developing, and modifying software systems.
- Unit test their software and perform code reviews
- Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of relevant experience. Work experience can be used/combined with education
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile Development environment.
- Demonstrated experience developing detailed design and associated deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience translating customer and system requirements into design.
- Demonstrated experience designing system interfaces.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience developing Single Page Applications using HTML5, CSS3, and Angular 2+.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience developing RESTful web services using Java 8+ or other technologies such as Spring Framework 4+, or Spring Security 4+.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working with non-relational database systems such as DynamoDB.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with and troubleshooting of Internet and Web related protocols and technologies such as Tomcat, Nodejs, Web Services, or SSL.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience developing JUnit and Jasmine tests.
- Demonstrated experience with testing platforms such as Jest or Karma.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working with DevOps tools such as Git, Jenkins, or Nexus.
- Demonstrated recent experience with the Sponsor’s Lean Agile methodology.
- Demonstrated recent experience with the Sponsor's analytic tool to collect, manage, and share content from multiple applications in a single set of web-based folders.
- Demonstrated recent experience with Sponsor’s bookmarking service that lets you organize favorite websites and web-based reports, add descriptions and comments, cross-reference bookmarks with others, and move your favorite bookmarks out of your browser
- Demonstrated recent experience with the Sponsor’s federated search that allows a user to make a single query request which is distributed to the search engines, databases or other query engines participating in the federation
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.