Leidos Engineering is seeking a Transmission Modeling and Analysis Engineer to join our team. It is expected that this role will involve the execution of transmission planning, transmission system modeling, compliance verification, and protective device coordination, as project and client criteria dictate.
In this role, you can expect to gain:
- FERC and NERC expertise
- Exposure to industry software and analysis tools
- Electrical Power Calculations
- Interactions with other disciplines (Substation, Protection & Controls, and Civil Structural)
- Strategic Development
- Expanding a Portfolio of Business
- Partnering with a Variety of Utility Clients Nationwide
- Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Technical & Non-Technical Training Opportunities
- Leadership Opportunities
- Mentorship & Training Opportunities
- Opportunity to Lead, Grow, and Inspire a Dynamic Team
Successful candidates can expect to conduct Transmission system software modeling and analysis studies for Municipal Utilities, Investor-Owned Utilities, and Regional Planning organizations. The position will involve some degree of client-facing work, with some business development activities to be expected. The growth potential of this position is significant for the right candidate.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or related engineering degree is required (0-2 years of experience)
- Must be a US Citizen/Green Card Holder
- Must possess strong communication skills, including listening, writing, and presentation skills
- Must be a team player, able to work collaboratively with many different people with diverse backgrounds and geographic locations
The candidate should possess solid analytical power experience, including load flow for both traditional planning studies and for studies driven by regulatory compliance requirements, distribution, and transmission protection systems. Familiarity and experience with distribution policy, transmission policy, and regulatory issues is also considered a plus, including experience with protection coordination.
- Experience functioning in a technical role in transmission or distribution studies and capable of conducting studies under the direction of a technical supervisor is strongly desired, ASPEN OneLiner or Siemen’s CAPE desired.
- Milsoft’s WindMil, or Cyme’s Cymdist Siemens PTI’s PSS/E or GE Concordia’s PSLF, EMTP or PSCAD experience is also a plus.
- Experience with ETAP, EasyPower, DNV GL’s Synergi
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) license is preferred
- Candidates residing in (or willing to relocate to) the Orlando, FL/Hendersonville, TN/Raleigh, NC areas strongly preferred
Pay Range:Pay Range $50,700.00 - $78,000.00 - $105,300.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.