Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Lucent 5ESS Project Engineer to become a member of team on the DISA GSM-O program supporting DISA Pacific in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Responsible for Engineering and Design of all Switch equipment for multiple Lucent Technologies 5ESS Multi-Function Switch (MFS) and End Office Switches.
Specific responsibilities to include:
• Responsible for changes to Lucent 5ESS platforms including hardware, software, inter-connecting transport facilities and associated ancillary devices.
• Responsible for Tier I escalation and direct support and coordination with various vendors support the 5ESS Multi-Function Switch.
• Aid in design, procure equipment and manage Switch expansions.
• Utilize tools, such as NetExpert, Read Only Printer (ROP), Remedy, Callware, Telnet, and systems such as Lucent 5ESS switching platforms, Tellabs Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) and local applications
• Working knowledge of Tellabs STP (Signaling System 7 Signal Transfer points).
• Develop Statements of Work (SOW) and engineering proposals and directly supporting the HNS OPS Tech SME with innovations.
• Review load capacity and critical triggers, and methodically growth switch components as needed to support growth. Forecast- future switch needs including, but not limited to, SM's, PSU's, Circuit packs, floor-space & power.
• Ensure proper switch expansion to support growth of all platforms.
• Develop and issue planning report for all 5ESS switches.
• Ensure optimum equipment utilization and efficiency.
• Focus on meeting contract deliverables.
• Provide backup support for Field Service Engineer for 5ESS Multi-Function Switch (MFS) and End Office Switches.
• Complete all FSE trip report IAW GSMO II program guidance.
• Provide backup support for Translations for 5ESS Multi-Function Switch (MFS) and End Office Switches only during the primary POC absence.
• Candidate must have engineering or technical degree and at least 10 years Lucent 5ESS equivalent job experience. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Candidate must have experience with Lucent 5ESS Switches.
• Must be self-motivated and have ability to complete tasks with little supervision.
• Strong Project Management and Communication skills with the ability to work closely with Team members.
• Required - US Military Security Clearance- Secret Level and Security+ CE Certification.
• Willing to work on-call support.
• M-F working day shift.
This is a broad range for the entire Leidos business and pay range for the position will depend on the program budget.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.