Leidos has an opening for an experienced Software Integration Engineer to provide software development and integration guidance supporting the development and sustainment of advanced technologies. The successful candidate will represent program leadership co-located at development contractor facility and will provide expert advice to program leadership on industry best practices for embedded/real-time operating system development, test, configuration management, and quality assurance.
Primary focus and responsibilities:
- Support the software configuration control processes
- Evaluate and make recommendations on adjudication of software deficiency reports
- Provide expert consultation on quality assurance and software safety practices to a government/industry team
- Provide software development expertise to anomaly investigations and system development IPTs
- Advise the development of hardware and software functionality and performance specifications
- Work with government and industry teams to develop test plans and evaluate results.
- 8+ years recent experience developing software for real-time operating systems and safety of flight systems
- Knowledge of software/computer design, development, test, integration and quality assurance
- BS in Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering from an accredited university
- Experience supporting USG acquisition programs
- Knowledge of data interface standards and communication protocols including RS-422, RS-485, MIL-STD-1553, MIL-STD-1760, Internet Protocol Communication, C, C++, Java, and VxWorks is Highly Desired
- Experience in Multi-Domain/Multi-Level Security architectures is Highly Desired
- System safety/airworthiness process experience for FAA or DoD certification is desired
- MS in Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering from an accredited university
- Must possess an active TS//SCI security clearance. Candidates without this clearance will not be considered. Must be eligible and willing to take a CI poly
- Fort Worth, TX
- 25% travel
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.