Leidos is growing! Join us as we build out our FEDSIM Practice!
Our team is looking for qualified proposal writers with FEDSIM experience including proposal professionals with experience in some or all of FEDSIM staffing plans, staffing rationale, KPQMs, script writing, technical/management volumes, and slide development to help lead Leidos through the next phase of our growth.
This position is within the Strategy & Business Development’s Capture Operations & Excellence Group, which supports Leidos' largest, most strategic bids across the enterprise. As such, this is an exciting role for those that want to make an immediate impact and be recognized for their contributions to our organization. This role is to support competitive FEDSIM proposal bids as a FEDSIM Proposal Writer, works directly with the Capture Executive, Solution Architect, and Technical Volume Lead to develop work products to meet the technical solution. Candidate will be responsible for leading and providing proposal expertise to all Lines of Business, to include Defense, Intelligence, Civil, and Health. The FEDSIM Proposal Writer should have a proven successful track record on large, complex bids.
- Assignments will include, but are not limited to writing and leading FEDSIM staffing plans, staffing rationale, Key Personnel Qualification Matrices (KPQMs), scripts, technical/management volumes, and slide development
- Provides direction and oversight to supporting writers.
- Works as part of a collaborative team to clearly articulate solution and strategy, approach to performing the work, experience, win themes, and discriminators.
- Applies communication and interviewing skills to gather needed information from internal and external personnel to support writing activities.
- Writes clear, persuasive, and articulate proposal sections; translates complex ideas into easily understandable text.
- Develops and implements process improvements to help improve proposal quality.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 12+ years of related experience, 6+ years of experience working as a proposal writer responding to Federal Government solicitations
- Experience with FEDSIM proposals
- Experience with traditional video, live orals, and / or demonstration proposals
- Evidence of a successful track record of high quality, high scoring proposals
- Demonstrated success writing and leading technical, management, staffing, resume, and/or past performance volumes for complex efforts
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong work ethic and desire to excel and keep growing over time
- Candidate must have the ability to travel to support proposal efforts, primarily in the Washington DC metro, as needed.
- 10+ years of experience working as a proposal writer responding to Federal Government solicitations
- 2+ years’ experience supporting FEDSIM proposals
- Ability to coach and instruct others to facilitate consistency across multiple authors
- Active Secret or Top Secret clearance and eligibility for SCI
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.