Leidos currently has an opening for a Safety and Occupational Health Specialist to work at Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in helping the CWMD Weapons Capability Team support research and development efforts to counter the threat of weapons of mass destruction. We are looking for an experienced Safety and Occupational Health Specialist who can develop health and safety plans for construction and related testing activities.
Duties will include the following:
- Management of an underground safety program, to include conducting underground safety training.
- Responsible in test and construction planning meetings, annual and periodic safety inspections.
- Working in and managing permit required confined spaces as a supervisor, entrant, and/or rescue while donning up to Level A personal protective equipment.
- Conducting pre and post-test hazard and risk analysis and mitigation, with a focus on determination of the appropriate level of personal protective equipment.
- Responsible for assisting DTRA Occupational Safety and Health managers in developing health and safety plans and programs affecting all construction and testing activities.
- Serving as a lead test team Safety Officer.
Candidates must have the following:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work independently.
- Construction safety experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8 years of experience. Additional years of experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
- Underground construction safety or mining experience.
- Confined space experience with the ability to perform PRCS operations as the supervisor, entrant, or attendant as well as the operation of atmospheric monitoring equipment and the ability to wear varying levels of PPE.
- Minimum security clearance of Secret, with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI.
- The ability to contribute and interact in a technical environment.
- Experience with, or a basic understanding of, DTRA’s counter-WMD mission.
- Experience with quantitative mask fit testing.
- Experience with respiratory safety equipment management, to include self contained breathing apparatus and portable air monitoring equipment, such as a four gas meter.
- Experience with hazardous materials program management and awareness.
- MSHA Part 48 Underground Mining training.
- Prior experience with counter-WMD weapons or testing programs.
- HAZWOPER training.
- OSHA 510 (Construction Industry) training.
- OSHA 511 (General Industry) training.
- OSHA 7405 (Fall Hazard Awareness for Construction) training.
- OSHA 7415 (Construction Industry Hazards and Prevention) training.
- Certification in First Aid, CPR, and AED.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.