The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group has an opening for an GMS Environments Engineering Lead for the GIG Service Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract. This contract includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation, and support to DISA’s mission partners.
The successful candidate will report to the G2MS Senior Solution Architect and will be responsible for supporting the G2MS Portfolio Director in architecting, implementing, and maintaining the required environments & infrastructure (development, test, training, quality, and pre-production) on the unclassified and classified domains. This includes implementation of SecDevOps capability with test automation, monitoring capability, and metrics as new innovation projects and changes are required. The successful candidate will also collaborate with the technical community to ensure the environments can support future growth to meet the GSM-O II Innovation Roadmap and Technical solutions that will drive the modernization of DISA’s network.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and implement an AWS environment plan that supports the development and implementation of multiple projects running in parallel and in varying stages of the product software lifecycle.
- Build-out and manage infrastructure services, such as routers to deploy elements of the software baseline ranging from large COTS to small custom services and the stand-up, configuration, and maintenance of those systems/applications.
- Designing, engineering and coordinating migration of legacy environments (servers/software) from On Prem to the new AWS Cloud environment.
- Coordinate with local change and control boards and provide installation, configuration, engineering, administration, and accreditation documents/diagrams for the infrastructure life cycle replacements upgrades, enhancements, and new technology deployments
- Ensure environment baselines are up to date with the latest DoD STIG requirements and support of the implementation of a software development lifecycle to ensure traceability and configuration management within the software baseline.
- Manage a team of 4-10 employees to execute all development and maintenance support tasks
- Train and mentor engineering personnel as required to ensure best practices and policy guidelines are followed.
- Create briefings/presentations and brief information to multiple stakeholders at varying levels of leadership and have the ability to modify information to the audience.
Experience with the following:
- Developing shell scripts
- Network Operations, specifically knowledge of the impact/benefits to users that interact with the management systems, incident systems, etc.
- VMWare administration and vSphere
- VCenter (audit, monitoring, and resource adjustments)
- AWS (cloud) knowledge/expertise
- Addressing IAVAs and ability to apply required patches
- Installing/loading operating system software
- Implementing operating system enhancements that improve the reliability and performance of systems
- Interfacing with the appropriate Government organizations for support, regarding system and database administration, hardware, storage and communications requirements
- System accreditation processes
You will also bring knowledge and understanding with the following:
- ITIL foundation or ITIL certified
- IP networking, and routing (e.g. traffic tuning/load balancing of queues, events, administrative functions with initiating backups, performance polling across the management network)
- Self-starter that has experience in supporting COTS integration and development efforts
- Extensive knowledge and experience with LINUX and Windows
- Working knowledge of network firewall configurations and configuration of network components
- Knowledge of automated software installation and system configuration tools such as Ansible
- Knowledge of Python and/or Java languages
- Agile Software Lifecycle Methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with 12-15 years of relevant experience or Master’s degree with 10-13 years of related experience. Additional experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Active DoD SECRET clearance
- DoD 8750 certification at IAT level I, Security+ CE or CCNA Security.
- Experience with IBM NOI Tool Suite, Elastic Stack (Elastic, Logstash, Kibanna)
- Experience with various Element management systems
- AWS Certification
External Referral Eligible
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.