Looking for an exciting new step in your IT career?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Cloud Network Engineer position located in the Blacksburg, VA area.
We are searching for a Cloud Network Engineer to join our growing Cloud Engineering team who support the design, automation, and deployment of cloud network infrastructure and application migration.
• Be a key member of a high performing Agile scrum team. Attend Agile meetings (sprint planning, daily standups, sprint retrospectives, sprint reviews, etc.)
• Work with teams across 1901 Group and customers to understand cloud networking requirements for upcoming projects
• Design and implement automation through scripting and other techniques to implement cloud network infrastructure and improve operational efficiencies
• Create network architectures and designs that are highly available and scalable for new customers systems and solutions to meet defined requirements
• Work across the company to deliver Cloud network infrastructure strategies aligned with business objectives
• After your initial onboarding and acclimation to the team you will be training, both independently and with the team, to gain knowledge about 1901 cloud network designs, processes, and migration approach
• Working in an Agile process to plan your work into two-week sprints and participate in daily scrum meetings
• Creating network designs, implementation plans, operational documentation, and continual improvement of cloud network services
• Conducting cloud migration assessment, planning, and migration activities for varied application sets
• Evaluate and recommend potential cloud networking solutions for inclusion into customer cloud service offerings and application migration solutions
• Clearance not required to start; but must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance for continued employment
• 5+ years of IT experience in an operational role
• 2 years of experience with Cloud networking services, AWS, or Azure
• Familiar with Infrastructure as Code technologies such as Terraform and Ansible
• Capable of working within a team and independently
• Someone with strong problem solving and decision-making ability
• Detail oriented with experience interacting with customers
• Proficient in creating technical documentation and diagrams
• Must be available to work non-standard hours during peak times.
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Bachelor’s degree in IT or a related field
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.