Principal Solutions Architect - Air Traffic
Locations: Gaithersburg MD or Egg Harbor Township NJ
Leidos Civil Transportation Solutions is seeking a Principal Solutions Architect who is both passionate and experienced in aviation traffic flow management and leading edge technologies. The right candidate can architect and lead the design and development of a next generation traffic flow management system that enables the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to create a more efficient National Airspace System (NAS). Candidates will also have the opportunity to support other Leidos FAA programs such as ERAM, TFDM, TBFM, ATOP, E-IDS, FFSP and MEARTS.
Principal Solutions Architect responsibilities:
• Assesses customer objectives, goals, intents, requirements, standards, etc. and re-craft these multifaceted constituents to re-state the problem and translate into high level system objectives and requirements.
• Establishes and maintains the system baseline.
• Performs customer requirement interpretation, develops internal requirements to support the design and delivery of the system.
• Establishes architecture baselines and works with the engineering team to allocate requirements to all elements of the system.
• Leads the development of trade-off alternatives evaluating make-buy feasibility by performing concept exploration using established trade-off techniques to identify the best solution inclusive of cost, schedule, function, performance, security, and risk using figures of merit.
• Develops realistic use cases and scenarios that the program will encounter and tests various solutions performing proof of concept demonstrations or experiments.
• Evaluates architecture solutions and creates models of the target architecture alternatives to study the positive/negative effects.
• Develops technical performance measurement objectives and produces TPM models to track progress in meeting the performance baseline.
• Documents the design with multiple views for various usage levels (technical architectural level, business level, operational level, maintenance level, etc.)
• Develops the system, subsystem and hardware/software specifications inclusive of a concurrent engineering team.
• Verifies conformance of the design to specification requirements and the established baseline.
• Produces engineering work products for the system under design to include: network communications hardware, software/platforms, systems, sparing plans, operational parameters, specifications, plans and reports.
• Identifies and quantifies risks and develops mitigation strategies.
• Organizes and optimizes the integration of systems, businesses and people so that the interaction is highly efficient and operates as a whole.
• Designs and defines interfaces between subsystems and external entities minimizing the amount of information to be exchanged between the subsystems and external entities.
• Develops transition strategies, plans and processes for migration from a legacy system and for co-evolving components of systems and their integration.
• Works with software engineering to develop and interpret requirements in the context of components and systems.
• Establishes a bills of material (BOM) baseline for software and hardware and defines the inventory management control system.
• Establishes reliability, maintainability and availability objectives and works with RMA engineering disciplines to define solutions to meet these objectives.
• Support system integration, test, acceptance and operations/maintenance during all phases of a program.
• Co-Chairs the Architecture Review board.
• Conducts system requirements reviews, design reviews, preliminary and critical design reviews with concurrent engineering teams and contractors to monitor and measure the progress of the system being designed.
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Enhances the engineering team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of architectural solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
• Requires a Masters degree with a minimum of 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Experience working with US Government specifications and standards
• Working knowledge of the FAA and their engineering practices
• Public Trust clearance or higher level clearance attained
• Must have Excellent communication and proven writing skills (including proposal writing) to work with all levels of customer and internal organizations
Pay Range:Pay Range $139,750.00 - $215,000.00 - $290,250.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.