The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Senior Field Service Technician and Site Lead at Austin, TX.
The Field Service Technician will support the US Army INSCOM IT Support Services program. The ideal candidate will lead the team that is responsible for IT repair, maintenance and operations to ensure that the site’s information technology infrastructure is operating securely, reliably and efficiently.
This individual also acts as the Site Lead addressing local staffing and reporting requirements, interfacing with the local Government Customer leadership and reporting up to the Leidos Program Manager.
- Accountable for all aspects of requirements and manages the hands-on, day-to-day issues related to operational activities including maintenance and security for remote site by themselves with demanding customers in austere or garrison locations.
- Provide Tier I and II support at remote field and garrison sites.
- Perform server and desktop installation, basic cabling.
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve issues with Windows Operating Systems, desktops and laptops.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve software issues with MS Office and Outlook, Adobe, Java, PKIs.
- Execute basic Active Directory tasks and manage NTFS permissions such as share folder access.
- Understand how to apply patches and updates to workstations both locally and remotely.
- Provide desktop system management involving account monitoring, security, operating system (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
- Maintain and load cryptographic device and keys.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues with IP Encryption devices.
- Perform troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair on many types of hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve issues printers, digital senders, video teleconferences, VOIPs, and other standard office equipment; operate & maintain servers and storage devices.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues with Cisco network devices and LAN functionality & connectivity.
- Bachelor's degree with 6+ years of related experience. Additional years of experience may serve in lieu of a degree.
- Currently possess an active TS/SCI.
- Experience with maintenance of servers, storage devices and applications.
- Experience managing a team of IT professionals; Willingness to work as part of a technical team, both as member and as site lead.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Currently possess DoD 8570.01 certification at IAT Level II.
- Currently possess Computing Environment certification such as
- Microsoft certification, such as MCSA: Windows Server 2016 or Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate or Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate, or
- Networking-related certification, such as Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) certification or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- ITILv3 certification
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.