The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Systems Administrator and Site Lead at Fort Meade, MD.
The Systems Administrator will support the US Army to operate and maintain the IT for INSCOM. The ideal candidate will lead the team that is responsible for IT repair, maintenance, operations, and engineering services to ensure that the organization's network infrastructure is operating securely, reliably and efficiently.
This individual also acts as the Site Lead addressing local staffing and reporting requirements, interfacing with the local Government Customer leadership and reporting up to the Program Manager.
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
- Install, administer, and maintain Windows servers, workstations, laptops, and basic cabling as part of the overall systems architecture across multiple networks and locations.
- Install, administer and maintain virtual environments and physical hosts and storage devices.
- Administer Active Directory, Domain Controller, Terminal Server and Exchange services.
- Apply security patches, IAVAs, STIGS, and updates for all assigned systems.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems.
- Utilize manual checks, GUI-based, and command line tools (PowerShell) to troubleshoot and remediate basic to complex systems hardware, software, and configuration issues.
- Collect, review, and store server log files to identify and remediate system issues.
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof.
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Propose new technology, lead and manage special projects, develop project plans with customer input and manage project operations from customer provided requirements.
- Implement and manage disaster recovery and COOP plans, systems, and operations.
- Document system configurations and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Acts as first-level supervisor for site employees. Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians and assists Service Desk technicians as needed with Tier I and Tier II troubleshooting.
- Bachelor's degree in technology related field with 6+ years of experience with either Systems Administration, Network Administration, Database Administration.
- Currently possess an active TS/SCI security clearance with CI polygraph.
- Large Enterprise-level IT experience with maintenance of servers, storage devices and applications.
- Experience managing virtualization solutions such as VMware & Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Experience with deploying & hardening Windows Server 2012 R2, Server 2016, Server 2019.
- Variety of system administration experience in areas such as AD, SCOM, SCCM, IIS, SQL, DSUW, Remedy ITSM, M3, Exchange, Linux, Unix, patch management.
- Knowledge of IT service desk requirements and management software.
- Ability to complete difficult and complex assignments independently.
- Experience working with demanding high ranking customers and staff.
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of IT professionals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Currently possess DoD 8570.01 certification at IAT Level II, such as Security+ CE.
- Currently possess Computing Environment certification such as MCSA: Windows Server 2016 or Role-based Microsoft Certified Associate in relevant area.
- IT services management certification, such as ITIL Foundation.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.