Leidos is seeking a Data Management Specialist to join our Washington, D.C. team on a multi-year contract with anticipated start in mid-2022 . The mid-level Analyst is responsible for carrying out a variety of analytical, operational and technical assignments in support of program information systems and management of those systems.
• Integration and manipulation of program and program support data from sources needed to advise management in evaluating and effectively managing department programs.
• Knowledge and demonstrated skill in the use of data, document, and workflow management systems, including technical expertise in understanding the database relationships and the use of such systems to oversee the management of assignments and the maintenance of investigation case files.
• Manages the information management system used to electronically initiate, track, report department-wide investigative actions. The system is designed to support data, document workflow, record management and information needs, while also providing robust executive information tools to support program measurement efforts and other varied information reporting needs.
• Performs systems analysis and data reporting required to assist staff in accomplishing resource management functions. Coordinates and integrates information management functions by specifying resource data requirements from input and output of data and provides analyses to enable effective workflow and case management and recommend allocations. Develops reports, arrays data, and assesses the team’s progress in meeting goals, including generation of reports on workload, assignments, and actions completed by the team as a whole and by individual staff members.
• Serves as lead user to provide technical support to the information management system users, applying technical knowledge to the resolution of user-caused systems data and document entry errors and applying both systems and workflow knowledge to training and providing technical assistance to staff with disparate levels of facility with workflow systems.
•Recommends objectives and scope of needed information and assures proper coordination with other activities affected by information requirements.
• Identifies information requirements and the availability of information in existing reports and databases and insures that data is obtained as effectively and efficiently as possible.
• Assists staff in analyzing work processes and methods to increase productivity and efficiency. Develops internal operating procedures to ensure continuity in correspondence, delegations, etc. Reviews and suggests improvements in procedures.
• Develops, manages and uses a comprehensive quality assurance program, systematically and routinely evaluating data reported in the information management system to ensure that it is accurate, valid, timely and consistent with established definitions for reporting.
• Provides management with information on errors, omission, timeliness, or lateness of data entries or data submissions and conducts follow-up activities, as appropriate, to ensure that deficiencies are corrected timely.
• Consolidates, develops, and presents information and findings to specialists and requesting officials for use in evaluation of the quality of program data.
• Interprets and compiles information into presentations for use by specialists, management, and senior officials.
• Maintains current programmatic information on assigned programs and systems.
• Participates in the development and establishment of internal methods and procedures for recording, compiling, analyzing, processing, displaying, manipulating, and maintaining the accuracy and validity of source data and reports generated from such data.
• Advises management on the adequacy and effectiveness of existing policies on data collection on program results and participates in the formulation and implementation of actions, as appropriate, to ensure the quality of data and the accuracy of reporting.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or 3 or more years’ related work experience
• Expertise in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Suite
• Strong knowledge of office and network environments
• Strong familiarity with data processing environments, database technology and imaging technology
• Degree in computer science, or information systems
• Knowledge and demonstrated skill in the use of data, document, and workflow management systems, including technical expertise in understanding the data base relationships and the use of such systems to oversee the management of assignments and the maintenance of case files.
• Knowledge and demonstrated skill in identifying, categorizing and analyzing quantitative data to assess and determine changes in the program and administrative data needed to evaluate and effectively manage the organization's programs. Experience in designing, developing, creating and analyzing reports that manipulate data to identify trends and problems managing program information and reporting on program results.
• Knowledge and high level of skill in defining organizational reporting and data analysis needs and using various software tools and data sources to produce useful reporting capabilities. Skill in extracting data in different formats to process the data using varying software analysis tools.
• Ability to identify and establish information database requirements and to extract/analyze from these databases to justify and defend the requirements of the team.
• Ability and skill in communicating complex technical requirements in plain English (both verbally and in writing) to non-technical personnel to train users in the use of complex information systems and help solve user problems. Knowledge and skill in using a wide variety of standard office automation tools to perform the full range of organizational duties.
• Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with management staff and other staff to gain concurrence and cooperation and to negotiate disputed issues.
• Interest in health information privacy and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Act of 1996
• High attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
This position is covered under the Service Contract Act and is subject to minimum wage requirements as well as the minimum Health and Welfare benefit. Leidos will ensure that all provisions are met through their wages and benefits. The pay for this position will be $26.47/hr.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.