Leidos is seeking a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Analyst to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in the Western Service Center location Des Moines, WA. Due to the technical subject matter of aviation operations, the selected candidate will have knowledge of the National Airspace System (NAS). Routine duties will include research, editing, and preparation of written responses in accordance with all applicable FAA writing standards and guidelines.
Specific duties will include:
- Writing and editing of communications that may be both complex and controversial in nature intended for a variety of audiences to include: Congressional correspondence, Administrator hotlines, Safety hotlines, general correspondence, VIP Briefing Papers, and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
- Review FOIA requests for legitimacy and scope.
- Computes or verify FOIA related fees.
- Conduct effective record searches, which may include air traffic radar and air traffic audio records.
- Prepare FOIA package of information evaluated appropriate for disclosure.
- Monitor and comply with completion dates and deadlines.
- Conduct technical review of complex FOIA cases involving the interpretation of directives or past precedents. Review FOIA appeal documentation for legal, regulatory, and procedural compliance.
- Coordinate and consult with subject matter experts to fulfill requests regarding the composition and development of a variety of written responses.
- Provide editorial support and technical writing of official documents for the FOIA team.
Additional duties may include:
- Drafting responses to Congressional Inquiries to the FAA of topics of an aviation nature.
- Researching inquiries to the FAA Hotline.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise
manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite in Des Moines, WA (once temporary Pandemic related remote work is over or when asked to return to the office).
- Demonstrated knowledge of the National Airspace System.
- BA degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience may be acceptable/considered in lieu of degree.
- Strong writing skills that demonstrate the ability to communicate technical information of an aviation nature to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to analyze aircraft flight data and interpret compliance with standard Air Traffic Control procedures.
- Ability to manage strict timelines.
- Ability to follow and apply precise electronic record keeping.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Security clearance.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.