Functions of this role include:
Active participant in 24x7 operations of the US Mint SOC
- Collect global threat intelligence and internal threats then inject actions based on analysis and recommendation
- Proactively research and monitor security information to identify potential threats that may impact the organization
- Understand the structure and the meaning of logs from different log sources such as FW, IDS, Windows DC, Cisco appliances, AV and antimalware software, email security etc
- Act as main investigators for potential incidents identified by Tier 1 or 2 analysts as well as any high visibility issues
- Knowledgeable on multiple technology and system types
- Defining protocols and maturing ‘playbooks’ of operational response to cyber threats
- Ability to work within the playbooks as well as helping to define new procedures/playbooks when necessary
- Operate autonomously to further investigate and escalate in accordance with protocols and contractual SLAs
- Participate and lead SOC working groups. Collaborate across organizational lines and develop depth in your desired cyber discipline and/or technologies
- Track and update incidents and requests based on client’s updates and analysis results
- Provide teaching/mentoring to SOC Tier 1 and 2 Analysts
- Must be US Citizen
- Ability to obtain public trust clearance.
- 5+ Years of experience with Security Information Event Management (SIEM) tools, creating advanced co-relation rules, administration of SIEM, system hardening, and Vulnerability Assessments
- Experience working with threat hunting, malware reverse engineering and/or digital forensics
- Experience with tuning and building use cases for a SIEM and preferred experience with administration of SIEM tools
- SOC TIER 3: 8+ years of experience within specific security disciplines (ie forensics, email security, monitoring + detection, mobility, etc.)
- In depth understanding of cyber landscape and typical threat vectors
- In depth understanding of operational requirements and impacts of working within a FISMA High System
- Experience speaking to and working with executive leadership as well as ability to write reports and findings to executives
- Should have expertise on TCP/IP network traffic and event log analysis
- CEH, Security+, CISSP or relevant IT technology certification.
Period of Performance:
The period of performance for this effort is upon award through 12/18/2021 with an option to extend through 6/18/2022.
Place of Performance:
Place of performance shall be remote.
Estimated Level of Effort:
It is anticipated that up to 40 hours per week will be required. Subcontractor is not permitted to work overtime beyond 40 hours a week without written and prior approval from the Leidos Program Manager.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: BS degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.