The NISC IV program within Leidos Civil Group is seeking a candidate with an Air Traffic Control / Safety Analyst background to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Quality Control Group (QCG) with Subject Matter Expertise for the Safety Risk Management (SRM) process. Additional duties may involve reviewing and overseeing the required processes involving aircraft accidents, aircraft incidents, air traffic evaluations, audits and air traffic safety initiatives.
Significant emphasis will involve proactively identifying areas of concern involving operational safety of facilities, validating general safety expectations, and making recommendations for further action and involvement with field facilities involving safety processes. The candidate must utilize substantial initiative in identifying potential ricks within the National Airspace System and providing recommended courses of action. The candidate will interact on a daily basis with senior FAA managers and peers on these topics and in discussions of air traffic events and activities.
Routine duties will include:
- Support requests from the FAA to conduct and/or assess the requirements for Safety Risk Management procedures.
- Be the Point of Contact (POC) and subject matter expert for SRM projects as assigned.
- Provide initial SRM assessment and recommendations for assigned projects.
- Facilitate SRM Panel or support the development of a SRM Decision Memorandum (SRMDM).
- Develop, coordinate, review, edit, and deliver a draft Safety Risk Management Document (SRMD) to the SRM Panel; ensuring documentation is compliant with FAA Order 1000.36 (FAA Writing Standards).
- Provide recommendations on Safety related Agency Orders, policies, and technical and engineering documents.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite in Des Moines, WA (once temporary Pandemic remote work is over or when asked to return to the office).
Travel – approximately 25%
- Previous designation as a Certified Professional Controller (CPC).
- BA degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience OR a Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience OR equivalent practical experience as a CPC. Additional years of relevant experience may be considered/accepted in lieu of degree.
- Strong writing skills that demonstrate the ability to communicate technical information of an aviation nature.
- Ability to analyze aircraft flight data and interpret compliance with standard Air Traffic Control procedures.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Security clearance.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.