Leidos Civil Transportation Solutions is seeking a Software Architect who is both passionate and experienced in aviation traffic flow management and leading-edge technologies. The right candidate can architect and lead the design and development of a next generation traffic flow management system that enables the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to create a more efficient National Airspace System (NAS). Candidates also will have the opportunity to support other Leidos FAA programs such as ERAM, TFDM, TBFM, ATOP, E-IDS, FFSP and MEARTS.
Software Architect responsibilities:
Working independently, the successful candidate will be:
• Lead the development and maintenance for the FAA air traffic control flow management software within a service-based system in a Cloud deployed environment
• Performing software development recommending technical solutions as needed
• Providing support needed for system engineering.
• Articulating software architecture from customer requirements
• Estimate software development effort and complexity
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with minimum of 12+ years of professional experience; or a minimum of 10+ years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
• Experience in object-oriented design and development with the Java or C++ programming language on a large-scale (>20 K-SLOC) development.
• Experience in following a documented Software Development Process.
• Experience in use of the UNIX and Linux operating systems.
• Strong integration skills.
• Strong communication skills to interface with internal and external customers.
• Development experience in other computer languages (Java, C++, Perl, etc.).
• FAA air traffic domain knowledge.
• Experience using version control tools such as Git, Subversion or CVS.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.