Leidos has an opening in the Lynnwood, Washington office for a Lead Systems Engineer to manage and provide technical leadership for a group of experienced mechanical engineers engaged in design and development of Naval and Maritime systems.
Primary (70%): Lead Systems Engineer/Chief Engineer coordinating a distributed multi-disciplinary team of electrical, mechanical, software, and systems engineers and subcontractors in the design, prototyping, and test of Naval systems for fleet use. Work closely with Government and Military customers and end users to derive requirements and develop cost effective solutions for military surface and underwater systems and subsystems integrating advanced acoustic, optical, electrical, and robotic technologies in a challenging technical environment. Involves planning, technical resource allocation, and guidance of execution from proposals through preliminary and detailed design, prototyping, test, production, and delivery.
Secondary (30%): Line management of a group of mechanical engineering personnel including hiring, assigning to projects, arranging mentoring opportunities, performance and salary reviews, and oversight of compliance with Leidos policies and training standards.
- Requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. Years of experience may be substituted for a degree
- Able to obtain TS/SCI clearance.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work without close supervision.
- Strong, effective, and professional communication (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project.
- Maritime systems and/or ocean engineering experience greatly preferred.
- Prior experience with unmanned underwater vehicles, operating and control systems and associated electronics/sensors, launch and recovery subsystems, and system-to-host interfaces, including acoustic ranging and communications.
- Lab and field test leadership experience
- Experience with Line Management of a small group of experienced engineers
- Familiarity with Model Based System Engineering tools and processes
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.