The ANNEX team in the Intel division at Leidos currently has an opening for an Offensive Software Engineer for the Reston/Chantilly, VA areas. In support of a DoD/intel program, the engineer will develop, maintain and enhance complex and diverse software systems. The engineer will support research, engineering, and development of innovative solutions to support operational cyber missions. Work includes engineering robust infrastructure, end-point capabilities, and command and control systems. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work independently and as part of a team.
- Apply knowledge/experience reverse engineering, developing and testing cyber solutions
- Configuration and implementation of data link, network, and transport layer protocols
- Creating and developing multi-architecture cross-compiled projects
- Windows API experience in particular windows security APIs, APIs accessing information on RDP sessions, memory management
- Performing C/C++, Python, x64 assembly, and kernel development
- Apply understanding of technical issues surrounding the designing, building and testing of software development kits supporting Linux and Windows platforms and frameworks
- Apply understanding of cryptographic protocols and compression technologies and their implementation in C/C++
- Understanding of computer, network exploitation techniques and methodologies to include application and mitigation techniques
- Understanding of public exploits and awareness of new/unpublished techniques
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with at least 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience with networking protocols, encryption
- C++ object oriented experience, using visual studio
- Experience with ARM, PowerPC, and NIPS assembly
- Operating System and Kernel level development experience
- Vulnerability research or software reverse engineering skills
- Experience using Jira , bitbucket, confluence, bamboo and/or Git, GitLab
- Experience using VMWare and exsi servers
- Experience developing object orient app in python
- Candidates must be a US citizen at a minimum with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI level with Poly security clearance for consideration
- Understanding of operating system internals for Linux and Windows, such as process synchronization techniques (i.e., semaphores, messages, threading), process scheduling, resource and device access
- Experience developing on older operating systems such as XP and 2003
Clearance: Candidates must be a US citizen at a minimum with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI level with Poly security clearance for consideration
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.