Cyber Defence Analyst
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?...
We are in search of an experienced Cyber Defence Analyst to join our task force. You will ideally be based near/in Farnborough.
Due to continued expansion and new business wins, Leidos, a Global Solutions Provider specializing in large scale implementations involving science, engineering and technology, require a Cyber Defence Analyst. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience from a Cyber Security Operations Centre (CSOC) background or be able to demonstrate sufficient transferable IT Security skills and experience to quickly learn the Cyber Defence Analyst role. To succeed in the role the candidate must be capable of working under pressure, delivering on multiple client accounts and have an appetite to progress and develop their own career. The role will primarily be working within a CSOC, adhering to a matrix managed environment reporting to a Cyber Intelligence Analyst. The Cyber Defence Analyst will be expected to contribute to the growth and development of the CSOC.
You will be expected to collaborate with and support colleagues in the wider UK Information Assurance and Cyber Security Practice. You will collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders outside of Information Assurance and Cyber Security within and without Leidos to ensure we detect and respond to Cyber Security Incidents for its customers.
- Maintain the integrity and security of Cyber systems and networks.
- Supports Cyber Security initiatives through both predictive and reactive analysis, articulating emerging trends to leadership and staff.
- Uses data collected from cyber defence tools firewalls, IDS, network traffic, Security Orchestration and Automated Response (SOAR) etc. to analyse events that occur within the environments or based on the artefacts.
- Employs network forensics techniques for attack reconstruction.
- Respond to and correlate alerts from various detective and preventative Cyber Security tools such as Security Information Event Monitoring (SIEM), End Point Protection (EPP), End Point Detection and Response (EDR), Web Application Firewall (WAF) and Firewalls.
- Proactively detect suspicious activity, vulnerabilities and security misconfigurations before they can be exploited by bad actors to impact Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability which could lead to a Cyber Security Incident.
- Inspection and correlation of logs from multiple sources to identify repeating patterns and Indicators of Compromise (IOC).
- Continuously scan the Threat Horizon to report and classify Threats according to impact which could potentially damage a client’s network or solution.
- Engage with various security communities to review and share knowledge on IoC’s and Threats
- Follow and develop the Cyber Security Incident Response Plan.
- Follow and develop Cyber Security Incident Response Playbooks.
- Apply Cyber Security Incident Prioritisation Criteria to classify and rate Cyber Security Incidents.
- Define and coordinate the application of countermeasures to mitigate Threats which can be used in action plans to respond to Cyber Security Incidents
- Ensure confidentiality and discretion is practiced when dealing with multiple clients to demonstrate professionalism and evidence their information is not shared with others.
- Run Vulnerability Assessment tools to measure compliance with security updates and security patches.
- Member of a Team who are responsible for making multiple daily CSOC checks to detect and respond to suspicious activity or alerts.
- Part of a Team who may be required to work shifts in order to deliver a 24 x 7 CSOC capability to detect and respond to suspicious activity or alerts.
- Concisely and with detail record the events of a Cyber Security Incident and their own actions to deliver an effective handover during shift changes.
- Continuously improve CSOC processes and procedures.
- Work closely with stakeholders from other Technology stacks to contribute to the Cyber Security Incident Response
- As part of a team perform table top scenarios and produce lessons learnt documents.
Technology and Process Experience:
- Exposure to working on or within HMG classified systems or programs is a bonus and not a must.
- Already a CSOC Analyst or a Cyber Defence Analyst with experience of investigating Cyber Security incidents and supporting root cause analysis or can demonstrate transferable skills and acumen to learn and excel at it.
- Understanding of the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability (CIA) triad.
- Understanding of current trends for malware, ransomware, Advanced Persistent Threats affecting Cloud Platforms and On Premise solutions.
- Proficient with the full suite of Microsoft Office products Word, Excel, Visio.
- Experience of working with the disciplines of a Change Controlled environment.
- Knowledge of Identification, Authentication, Authorisation, Auditing and Logging services.
- An understanding of the OSI 7 network layers.
- An understanding of the TCP/IP network layers.
- Exposure to working with NCSC, NIST, and Centre for Internet Security (CIS) best practice.
- An understanding of network and boundary protection controls for both Cloud and On Premise solutions including but not limited to Firewalls, Network Access Control Lists, Network Security Groups, DDoS Protection, VPN’s, Mail Gateways, Web Proxies, Load Balancers including Web Application Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention System and Intrusion Detection Systems.
- Experience of using as many as possible of detective and preventative Cyber Security tools such as but not limited to Security Information Event Monitoring (SIEM), Security Orchestration and Automated Response (SOAR), End Point Protection (EPP), End Point Detection and Response (EDR), Web Application Firewall (WAF) and Firewalls
- An understanding of the implementation of technologies such as but not limited to Hardware Security Modules (HSM), USB Controls, Encryption, SSL, TLS, and SSH.
- Exposure to leading vendor products such as but not limited to Cisco Firewalls, Palo Alto Firewalls, SPLUNK, LogRhythm, Sophos End Point Protection, Nessus, Rapid 7, AWS Guard Duty, AWS Detective, AWS Inspector, Azure Security Centre, Azure Defender, Azure Office 365 Security and Compliance Centre
- The ideal candidate will hold or be willing to gain CISSP, GMON, GCIH certification or equivalent and have an exposure to market leading public cloud technology.
Communication and Soft Skills:
- Good verbal and written communication skills required for hand overs, reports and documenting events during a Cyber Security Incident.
- Works well in a team environment, open to taking feedback in order to learn, able to cope with team dynamics with differing viewpoints and can also work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to logically analyse a problem and identify a plan to fix or remediate.
- Ability to track market trends and suppliers to keep at the forefront of Cyber Security Technology.
- Ability to manage multiple streams of work, prioritising, and escalating as necessary.
- A self-starter who can see past obstacles driving a solution through to completion.
Candidates have the option of being located in either one of the three Leidos office Glasgow, Farnborough and Coventry.
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.