No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Leidos is seeking a Transmission Line Engineer in South Florida, to work fully remote in South Florida (100% telework), who will work as a member of a dynamic team working in a fast-paced environment, solving challenging problems involved with extra high voltage electric transmission line design. The successful candidate will serve as a Lead Engineer on electric transmission design projects for high-voltage (HV) and extra high-voltage (EHV) overhead utility systems. He/she will apply NESC, NEC, ASCE and other applicable standards in the engineering and design of electrical overhead, voltage conversion projects, new capacity projects and infrastructure replacement projects. Additionally, he/she will assist the team as well as independently perform engineering analyses, prepare bidding documents, plans and specifications; as well as prepare material procurement and construction documents, and work with project planning, environmental, permitting, and construction management.
We will consider qualified candidates to work fully remote (must reside in the U.S. only) and will require site visits to customer facilities in the South Florida region. This position offers the successful candidate to develop an engineering team with direct report responsibilities. The candidate will also be responsible for managing client relations, proposal development, scope creation, and project management.
To be considered for these positions, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
- For Mid-level: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and minimum of four (4) years of prior relevant experience in the design of electric utility transmission systems
- For Senior level: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and minimum of eight (8) years of prior relevant experience in the design of electric utility transmission systems
- For SME level: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and minimum of twelve (12) + years of prior relevant experience in the design of electric utility transmission systems
All levels require:
- Professional Engineering License – Florida (required for Senior and SME Level)
- Ability to develop staff through mentoring
- Experience in reviewing full transmission line designs including PLS-CADD models, foundations, material, plan and profiles, and construction packages
- Knowledge of NESC, ACI, AISC, and ASCE code requirements; construction specifications; material procurement process; project schedules; and construction work packages.
- Develop project scopes, budgets, and proposals
- Ability to work effectively in team environment but also able to work independently
- Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams
- Must have leadership experience and supervising others (required for Senior and SME Level)
- Work in client office is a possibility and/or periodic travel may be required
- Program Expertise:
- PLS-CADD and POLE
- LPILE or FAD Tools
- Microsoft Office
- Program Experience:
- PLS TOWER
- Bentley MicroStation
- Bentley ProjectWise
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Construction Management and Support
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical workplace. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.