Grow with us! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Defense Group is seeking candidates for our DAG Staff Officer opportunity at Fort Meade MD. These positions are part of a large Military Intelligence Program supporting the USAF Air Combat Command’s (ACC) ISR mission.
The candidate’s primary duty will be to serve as the AFCO DAG Staff Officer. Primary duties include:
• Assist AFCO DAG in maintaining an efficient, dynamic, inclusive organizational design to support executive priorities, goals, mandates, and decision-making processes. Ensures the quality of DAG staffing and briefing products.
• Accountable for task oversight support functions assigned to AFCO. Create and enforce policies for effective task management in coordination with the 16 AF Deputy Chief of Staff and AFCO DAG. Coordinate actions, clarify responsibilities and set timelines for completion to include maintaining accountability.
• Manage the customer’s formal tasking process, including tasking assignment, suspense requirements and task response. Assist with reports and data extraction when needed. Interact with customer’s staff to coordinate, develop, and process timely responses to internal and external formal tasking requests for information (RFI). Respond to internal and external tasking, including identifying discrepancies and ensuring documentation is sufficient for decision-making.
• Responsible for assigned Special Projects with impact at all levels where one or multiple functions are involved. Ensure effective communication, action management, and assigned special project outcomes in support of executive priorities and goals.
• Provide strategic communication messaging to inform the AFCO workforce and ensure consistency of the AFCO message to promote transparency and increased stakeholder understanding. Assist in establishing and implementing roles and procedures for communication with upper management external and internal stakeholders, etc.
• Proactively communicates across primary and external organizations to identify and implement critical solutions, mitigate and resolve inter-organizational challenges during the definition and execution of programs. Ensure effective communication across AFCO Principals and coordinate responses to requests for information. Ensures responses are timely, accurate, complete, and aligned with AFCO Director’s vision and organizational position, plans, and initiatives.
• Ensure integrity, quality, and timely flow of information, schedules, and actionable items to the DIR Suite. Organize project team efforts, develop and recommend proposals for improvement and resolve integration issues.
In addition to primary duties as the AFCO DAG Staff Officer, the candidate may perform activities as an Executive Assistant to the AFCO Senior Staff. These activities will not come at the expense of primary duties. Additional Duties include:
• Performing a variety of complex and senior executive level administrative duties with minimal supervision in compliance with written and oral guidance and policies
• Executing independent decisions within established guidelines, and performing a full range of administrative services, including organizing the Director’s calendar.
- Bachelor's and 15+ years OR Master's and 10+ years of experience. Additional experience may substitute for a degree .
- 6+ years of experience working with current Air Force Cyberspace and ISR capabilities.
- Must have an active TS/SCI with a Polygraph.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management.
- Expertise in completing project tasks and reporting.
- 2+ years of experience as Squadron-level program manager, executive officer or executive assistant to a senior leader, or in a commander’s action group (CAG).
- 2+ years of experience with managing or responding to formal tasking from senior leadership or HHQ.
- Expertise in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Suite, SharePoint.
- Experience with supporting Air Force, Air Forces Cyber, or US Cyber Command (USCC).
- Cryptologic Component and national agency enterprise missions
- Knowledge of Air Force ISR or Cyberspace policy directives and guidance
- BA or BS degree.
- Experience in Program Management.
- Experience in Knowledge Management.
- Knowledge in Human Resource functions to include general administrative functions, training and compliance.
- Experience working in Intelligence Communities as an Intelligence Analyst.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.