At Leidos, we help our customers execute programs for the world’s most critical missions. We respond to challenges and deliver next generation of agile, cohesive solutions for today’s rapidly changing environment. Leidos has an opening for a Penetration Testing Lead to provide leadership, direction, and hands-on management for delivery of mission enabling cybersecurity services of critical national security importance.
The Penetration Testing Manager will support operations for the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). The successful candidate responsibilities in these areas will extend to the global NNSA environment, and you will work with cross-functional teams to proactively improve the security posture. Your responsibilities in penetration testing will extend to the identification of exploitable vulnerabilities within the environment. You will additionally lead a team performing red teaming activities including creation of product kill chain narratives, attack analysis, identification of vulnerabilities, knowledge transfer of attack methodologies and Zero Days, production of post-mortem data to inform the defense team. Your responsibilities with respect to vulnerability management services will include managing a vulnerability data repository, managing vulnerability scanning and reporting, and vulnerability analysis and remediation recommendations. This role will also be responsible for managing security tools and technologies that support the vulnerability management program and performing static and dynamic code analysis. You will also lead a team performing product specific assessments of NNSA systems in production as well as those under development. The preferred candidate will be responsible for leading these efforts in collaboration with the OCIO for the enterprise environment. The candidate must have expert skills in conducting technical analysis of security and business problems, as well as threats, incidents, investigations, workforce protection, and other general security related issues. The candidate must also effectively communicate, motivate, and lead cross functional and individual contributor teams independently, participate in coordinating response and defensive actions over a variety of security disciplines, and disseminate technical information as appropriate in support of NNSA’s critical business, and operational infrastructure needs.
- US Citizenship
- Active DOE Q or TS/SCI clearance
- DoD 8570 IAT or IAM Level III certification
- OSCP Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in a cyber related discipline and 7-10 years of prior relevant work experience within IT/Cybersecurity
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of stakeholders
- Experience with one or more programming/scripting languages (e.g., C++, Perl, Java, Python, etc.)
- Experience in Red Teaming, Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Discovery, and Product Testing
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
- Perform the discovery and exploitation of vulnerabilities within the environment
- Provide recommendations, remediation and/or mitigations of vulnerabilities discovered within the network
- Develop tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) to combat newly discovered threats.
- CISSP Certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of start
- DOE and/or NNSA site experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge and familiarity with the fundamental of agile project management
- Knowledge of DOE and/or NNSA security policies and procedures
- Experience working in both Classified and Unclassified operations
- Experience working within Security Operation Center (SOC) environments
- Security hardening scripting/automation experience
- Knowledge of and/or experience with SD 205.1
Travel up to 10%
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.