Cyber Security Lead
Salary Range: £44,500 - £56,750 p/a, with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessment
We require an information assurance / cyber security lead for support to our customer projects within Civil and National Security Defence and Intelligence groups in the UK. You need to be in the UK with SC Clearance or above and you may need to apply for additional personnel security clearances. We are looking for individuals who join a high-performing team and work confidently to make excellent security happen quietly for our customers with high assurance and no fuss. Simple, effective security that our customers value.
The role will support work that produces robust and efficiently managed assurance solutions for our customers’ sensitive programmes. The roles require a high degree of third-party and customer liaison, and will establish, then support in ongoing growth. This will bring some diversity in what is required day-to-day and with flexible operating parameters to maintain service in an agile environment, will require good scheduling and scheduling prioritization skills.
The successful candidate will be expected to develop further information assurance opportunities as our customer base and each of the projects we deliver continue to expand, including the use of common tooling that will facilitate the tracking and reporting of assurance actions. We are also developing NIST-based risk assessment methodology and tooling that is raising our quality and customer confidence, you will be part of these developments.
This role will be responsible to the cyber lead for project outcomes and a cyber SME for line management to help with career planning and personal development. The ideal candidate will support the wider Leidos security capability, beyond Information Assurance, joining a talented and multi-faceted cyber team with a reach across our UK business delivering on our customer commitments and seeking out great opportunities to deliver great security by design.
Essential Process Skills/Experience
- Experience of the IT systems engineering lifecycle
- Understanding of the controlling processes for the systems engineering lifecycle (e.g. requirements management, configuration management, testing and assurance) and where cyber assurance fits in to these
- Understanding of different lifecycles/methodologies (waterfall, incremental, agile, DevOps)
- Solid understanding of Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability (CIA) and practical experience in applying that understanding in management of risk and response to events and changes
- Experience of processes involved in gaining and maintaining accreditation for secure/sensitive systems using structured Risk analysis and treatment approaches
- Understanding of process involved in gaining and maintaining certification for information security management systems, e.g. ISO27001
- Exposure to tracing and evaluating responses to security requirements for a system
- Experience in maintaining elements of security documentation sets (SyOps, RMADs, Security Management Plans, ISMS elements)
- Experience working in customer delivery environments.
- Experience working in CNI, MOD or Home Office project environments
- Understanding of principles of network and boundary protection technologies (firewalls, mail gateways, load balancers, anti-virus, IPS, IDS
- Understanding of Protective Monitoring systems (SIEM/SOC) and the principles of their deployment
- Understanding of authentication and authorisation technologies (SAML, LDAP, PKI, etc.)
- Understanding of encryption and protocols and structures in support of deployment, e.g. custodian
- Understanding of purpose and effectiveness of penetration tests or IT Health Checks, experience of coordinating these would be advantageous
Communication and Soft Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and works well in a team environment
- Capable of developing and communicating reports to meet defined objectives for intended audience
- A good level of commercial awareness and project disciplines
- Clearance to Start: SC
- Clearance for Role: SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
• Dynamic Working: https://www.leidos.com/sites/g/files/zoouby166/files/2019-11/PDF-Dynamic-Working-Leidos-UK.pdf
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.