About the Antarctic Support Contract:
Leidos Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) is the prime contractor to the National Science Foundation (NSF) in support of the United States Antarctic Program (USAP). Leidos supports the NSF’s Office of Polar Program’s Antarctic Infrastructure and Logistics by aligning with their Mission and Vision Statements:
- Vision: Expanding our scientific reach in Antarctica through increased operational and logistical effectiveness.
- Mission: To provide the operational and logistical platform necessary for the U.S. to conduct world-class science in Antarctica and maintain its active and influential presence on the continent.
- Leidos ASC provides science and logistics support for approximately 150 science and technical events across three geographically remote research stations; McMurdo Station, Palmer Station, and South Pole Station and several deep field sites across Antarctica. Each station or field site supports world class research across multiple science disciplines. The planning and implementation of science support requirements in Antarctica is a critical part of our mission.
Leidos is seeking a Technical Editor / Writer for the United States Antarctic Program (USAP) and the Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) in Centennial, CO.
Telework is allowed for this position at the managers discretion, however, a candidate local to the Denver, CO area is strongly preferred. Physical office presence is expected on a regular basis in the future.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Provide technical editing/writing support for operations & maintenance manuals, policies, procedures, contract deliverables, and other program publications.
- Organizing, editing, and maintaining technical records and files, acquiring subject knowledge by interviewing operations staff, observing operational methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals, and conducting quality review of materials.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with three years of professional experience as a technical writer/editor; two years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work collaboratively with others is essential, including training of employees in business writing principles.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to efficiently plan and accomplish goals.
- Prepare contract-deliverable documentation for submittal to the client.
- Proficiency in the use of word-processing, desktop-publishing, and document-control software and techniques required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, including the use, creation, and modification of built-in or user-created styles, is required.
- Preference will be given to candidates having relevant experience developing and delivering business writing and related trainings, both in-person and online.
- Candidates familiar with the operation and maintenance of life support systems (HVAC, fire suppression systems, digital controls) and able to read and understand design drawings, desired but not required. Experience working with designers, engineers, and maintenance personnel highly desired.
- Adobe InDesign and/or Structured Framemaker, Adobe Photoshop (or equivalent), and Microsoft Vis experience preferred.
- Experience using and adhering to the Chicago Manual of Style, 17th edition is also desired but not required.
*** Deployment to Antarctica may be required at the discretion of management (approximately 2 months per year). The individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. ***
Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.