Leidos currently has an opening for a Pulsed Power Engineer to work in our Albuquerque, NM office. At this location, Leidos conducts research and development on compact pulsed power systems, charged particle beam interactions, compact, prime power systems, ultrashort pulse laser systems, high power electromagnetic (HPEM) materials & plasma science, and HPEM fundamental research with our university partners.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the design and development of state of the art prime power and pulsed power systems for our Air Force customer
- Introduce creative ideas for designs that are robust, reliable and optimized for minimum size, weight and power consumption.
- Apply engineering expertise to support trade studies on DE system concepts.
Build and test design concepts in the laboratory; supervise technical staff; collect and analyze data.
- Track progress across multiple design projects, document project status and present it to the customer in regular meetings.
- The candidate will work daily with other scientists, and engineers and technicians.
- The candidate may also design, develop and field power electronics and high voltage systems.
- The candidate will attend weekly meetings and provide status updates on work activities.
- The candidate will provide written reports and PowerPoint slides to present finding and innovative solutions.
- BS degree and 4 years of prior relevant experience, Masters with 2 years of prior relevant experience, or a Ph.D with 1 year of experience
- Ability to analyze data and write accurate and concise test summary reports
- Ability to work well in a laboratory environment and with scientific peers
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience using circuit simulators such as SPICE/LTSPICE
- Experience using mathematic software such as MatLab
- Experience using 3D CAD software such as SolidWorks
- Experience using PC Layout software
- Experience using electrostatic/magnetic solving software
- Experience building and troubleshooting power electronics
- Experience with high voltage systems
- Experience with vacuum systems
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.