Grow with us! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path.
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Information Assurance and Cyber Defense SME (AFCO/CM) at Fort Meade, MD. This position is part of a large program supporting Air Combat Command’s (ACC) Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) mission.
The candidate for this position will perform duties to identify, develop, sustain, implement and enhance multi-domain operations enveloping cyberspace capabilities to defend national interests from cyber-attack and to engage with mission partners to deliver tailored solutions leveraging the cyberspace domain.
- Conduct proactive engagement with the customer's Cybersecurity Directorate as well as capability development organizations within the customer's site and Air Force stakeholders, such as platform Project Management Officers, Mission Defense Teams, and Cyber Resiliency of Weapons Systems (CROWS) Office, to enable development of unique cybersecurity engineering solutions to Air Force multi-domain Information Warfare requirements.
- Develop solutions, expertise, and tradecraft for cross-functional Multi-Domain Innovation branch within Air Force Cryptologic Office’s CM Division.
- Implement and assist with developing Test Plans that support cyberspace capability development.
- Conduct Liaison activities with Senior Level customers and Government personnel, with a focus on cryptologic and information assurance activities.
- Work directly with Senior Level analysts to enhance Air Force Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP) activities, to include the cybersecurity of complex ecosystems comprising military weapons platforms.
- Develop Cyber and Information Assurance plans that interface with the customer's Cybersecurity Directorate including mission objectives, terms, conditions, and scheduling.
- Enable technical collaboration and partnership between the customer's Cybersecurity Directorate and Air Force elements to enhance 16th Air Force’s Cybersecurity Service Provider capabilities
- Work directly with the customer and DoD agencies to achieve project results and report deliverables as required.
- Perform cyber threat analysis and reporting on information from various intelligence sources.
- Conduct Information Assurance and Cyber Defense training and briefings on an as-needed basis for Military and Contractor Senior Analysts and possibly Government personnel within AFCO.
- As required, prepare and perform high-level briefings that provide situational awareness of cyber threats impacting the Air Force .
- TS/SCI cleared with Polygraph
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology/Cybersecurity or Engineering Discipline (Preferred Software or Computer) and 20+ years experience OR Master's Degree Information Technology/Cybersecurity or Engineering Discipline (Preferred Software or Computer) and 15+ years experience.
- 8+ years of Cyber experience at the Strategic and SME Level
- Experience within the NSA's SIGINT Enterprise to include collection and analysis
- Previous experience working within the NSA's Cyber Security Directorate (CSD) or Cyber Security Operations (CSO)
- Ten (10) years’ United States Air Force experience
- Five (5) years’ of cyber threat intelligence and network analysis
- Three (3) years’ experience of Air Force Staff duty
- Previous work experience within Air Force cryptologic units
- Understanding of network fundamentals (protocols) and infrastructure
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.