Leidos has an opening on the ESA V program for a Senior Enterprise Vault Systems Engineer. ESA V is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, Windows Server, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, and all server and network infrastructure, among others.
The Senior Enterprise Vault Systems Engineer will be a part of our Windows Platform Services Team primarily responsible for maintaining server infrastructure used to support end-user computing needs as well as server hosting for a variety of applications and enterprise services. The primary responsibility of the Senior Enterprise Vault Systems Engineer will be managing, operating, and maintaining the Enterprise Vault application and infrastructure.
Day to day tasks include:
- Architecture, deployment, and maintenance of an Enterprise Vault environment based upon Veritas best practices
- Verify custodian data in Enterprise Vault as well as matching records with eDiscovery team
- Export/fulfillment of data requests from eDiscovery team for litigation holds
- Incident Response: troubleshooting connectivity and system administration issues relating to outages, unexpected behavior, or performance issues
- Engineering and deployment of tools, VMs, services related to VMWare and Azure
- Support of other teams, members, and components with infrastructure pieces tied to the virtual environment
- Performance of technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, supportability, and effectiveness analyses for supported systems
- Documentation of processes and procedures in a centralized document repository.
- Support for cross-functional projects and efforts requiring coordination and communication with teammates, other infrastructure teams, and customers.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related technical field with 10+ years in systems engineering or administration. High school diploma with an additional 4 years experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- 8+ years of overall related experience supporting Enterprise Vault
- Extensive experience with all areas of Enterprise Vault including Archive recovery, networking, SMTP messaging, SQL, PowerShell and other related topics.
- Ability to Architect, deploy, and maintain a local clustered SQL database including all related components, settings, and services
- Experience with advanced Enterprise Vault services and settings
- Support on a M-F business hours schedule in the US Eastern timezone
- Extended hour and weekend support as required by mission or emergencies
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
- U.S. Citizen
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information, prior to start date
- VCS-324, VCP, MCSE, and/or ITIL certifications
- Experience with SRM or NSX
- Familiarity with NetApp, Cohesity, Varonis, Symantec, Veritas NetBackup, NetIQ DRA, and/or SSPR
- Experience with using ITSM for ticketing and change management (ServiceNow specifically)
- Experience with O365/Exchange
- Government contracting experience, particularly with the DOJ
The Windows Platform Services Team is currently operating 100% Remote, however a return to work on-site at a customer site in Washington, DC is possible. Telework or 100% Remote work arrangements as a part of any potential return to work plan are negotiable. Some travel (less than 10%) may be expected for the role to cover the hands on datacenter work if needed.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.