Leidos is looking for a DevOps Engineer with technical hands-on knowledge for the management and sustainment of global infrastructure used to monitor and protect the Leidos corporate network. The analyst will be a part of the Leidos Cybersecurity Intelligence & Response Team (CSIRT) supporting custom developed tools and operationalizing new equipment and deployment of systems to further extend and maintain our visibility. The DevOps Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the enterprise information technology systems. Duties include monitoring, maintaining, provisioning, and resolving infrastructure issues within both cloud and physical environments, and developing automations and new techniques for addressing technical issues within the team.
The DevOps Engineer will apply analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of infrastructure systems investments. This role will be a part of a team of skilled and dedicated individuals that support our tool sets and the associated development and QA environments.
This role allows telework with the expectation that when onsite work is needed you should be able to get to Gaithersburg, MD.
- Evaluate, monitor, and troubleshoot existing server infrastructure and datacenter hardware.
- Administer Microsoft Server & Linux OS & associated services stack.
- Evaluate and recommend infrastructure improvements.
- Research, develop, and implement solutions to help monitor systems, improve performance, optimize, and reduce potential outages with emphasis on being proactive.
- Act as liaison with other cross-functional groups and management personnel to ensure accuracy and timeliness of production, and non-production activities.
- Responsible for infrastructure hardware, cloud assets, software, maintenance, and procurement.
- Actively participate with development, maintenance, and validation of the disaster recovery plan.
- Actively contribute to security evaluations and stay current on threat landscape.
- Monitor system resources & services to include backups, disk consumption, memory, & CPU capacity.
- Ensure issue resolutions are communicated, and expectations met in a timely and effective manner.
- Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of experience in Information Technology. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Availability to work on-call schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- Expert understanding of Microsoft OS & Linux based environments & associated services.
- High-level understanding of AWS cloud computing technology.
- High-level understanding of enterprise storage and networking fundamentals.
- Understanding of SQL Server administration, maintenance & management.
- Understanding of ElasticSearch maintenance and management.
- Scripting & automation experience (PowerShell & Bash).
- Attention to detail, ability to both follow and/or provide written or verbal instructions without error.
- Self-motivated with ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Expertise with Linux variants (RedHat and Ubuntu) and custom developed packages and modules
- Expertise with Automation tools Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet
- Exposure to Cloud environments like AWS and Azure
- Understanding of Network stack/routing and interconnectivity
- Experience with large data stores such as SANS, DAS, and cloud storage
- CI/CD a plus
- Docker a plus
- Python experience a plus
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.