Leidos is seeking an Information Assurance Security Engineer. The Information Assurance Security Engineer is a member of the Leidos - Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) information Security (InfoSec) team responsible for applying cybersecurity principles and best practices to proactively protect and maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability, of United States Antarctic Program (USAP) data, information systems, and enterprise network. Personnel in this position must have an elevated level of trust, with access to sensitive and private information, which must be handled with integrity and respect in accordance with USAP policies and procedures.
Location: 100% telework is allowed for this position.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Provide continuous security monitoring of the USAP IT infrastructure, while working directly with IT Operations teams to ensure the secure operation of IT infrastructure; and with project management and architecture teams to provide information security requirements and design inputs, and assess security risks associated with new services.
- As a senior member of the InfoSec team, the security engineer trains more junior members and acts as a technical consultant for the Compliance Analyst team.
A successful candidate possesses a solid background in securing Windows and Linux operating systems, Cisco network devices, and Palo Alto firewalls; and is capable of developing, analyzing, and implementing Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs). In addition, the candidate must be familiar with providing continuous security monitoring activities, and managing in-depth vulnerability scans, remediation, risk analysis, and development of plans of action & milestones (POA&M).
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a technology related field) with eight years’ experience in an information security role; additional years of commensurate experience with relevant certifications accepted in lieu of degree.
- Proficient in applying secure design, implementation, and continuous monitoring to an enterprise IT Infrastructure (network devices, systems, applications, services, LAN/WAN topologies, and protocols).
- Proficient in the secure implementation and administration of Windows and Linux operating systems and applications in an enterprise environment.
- Proficient in the phases of security incident response (Prepare, Detect, Analyze, Contain, Eradicate, and Recover).
- Proficient in developing, implementing, and validating baseline security configurations and policies (e.g., DISA, CIS Benchmarks).
- Knowledge and practical application of FISMA compliance, and NIST risk management framework, tools, technologies, and methods (e.g., NIST SP 800-30, 800-37, 900-39, 800-53, etc.).
Desired Skills and Certifications:
- Current security certification(s) (e.g., CISSP, Security+, CISA, certified incident handler).
- Current general IT certification(s) (e.g., MCSE, RHCE, CCNA, CCNP).
- Experience in deploying, managing, and monitoring Palo Alto Firewalls, Wildfire, and Panorama.
- Experience in managing Continuous Security Monitoring (CSM) tools / Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) systems such as Splunk (preferred), LogRhythm, or Exabeam.
- Experience administering vulnerability scanning tools, such as Tenable Nessus and Acunetix.
- Experience administering patch management tools such as Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), and Spacewalk.
- Experience working within project management methodologies (e.g., Traditional, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience capturing and performing packet level analysis of network traffic via Wireshark.
- Experience deploying and managing Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
Deployment to Antarctica may be required at the discretion of management. The individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.