The National Airspace Systems Integration Support (NISC) program at Leidos is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to provide support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) located in Des Plaines, IL.
The ideal candidate will support the daily operations of the FAA Central Service Area (CSA) Engineering Services Infrastructure Team.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Produce engineering design drawings, detailed work plans, project material requirements, cost estimates, project schedules, and other items as required.
- Participate in site surveys to determine site requirements, operating parameters, site-specific issues, and assist with development and review of project scope. The candidate will ensure proper completion of all necessary drawings by providing markups and drawing specifications to the Computer Aided Engineering Graphics (CAEG) group.
- Make inspection visits to FAA facilities, monitor contractor progress, evaluate and review design submittals for completeness and accuracy and make all necessary design comments and corrections required.
- Maintain a site-specific project status for site preparation and equipment installation problems and answer contractor Requests for Information (RFIs). The candidate will assist in the preparation of change order scopes of work and estimates.
- Make periodic site visits to FAA facilities projects to inspect work in place and evaluate contractor progress, provide written punch list of noncompliant items, and perform an evaluation of project close out documentation and procedures. The candidate will verify that As-built drawings are correct and that manuals, spare parts, training, and monitoring services comply with contract requirements and advise the project team of mechanical engineering concerns throughout construction.
The candidate for this position should have at least three years of practical experience in the design and installation of HVAC equipment and systems, pumps, engines, fuel transport or other building systems. The candidate should have demonstrated knowledge and experience in the use of nationally recognized codes, standards, and criteria involved with the design and the installation of mechanical systems during construction of facilities.
Conduct efficient, organized data gathering and data analysis, must be able to develop project plans, establish project schedules, project estimates and conduct requirements studies.
Must accomplish clear and concise general and technical writing, prepare and conduct effective technical presentations, provide thorough project monitoring and reporting, and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stake holders, peers and management levels.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related degree from an accredited college/university and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering or related degree with a minimum 2 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and able to organize documentation, and have an awareness of general documentation systems.
- Proficiency in AutoCad
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.