Cyber and SIGINT Solutions is looking for a mid-level Hardware Design Engineer to work on a program in Linthicum, MD. This high performing program consists of a small team responsible for the full life-cycle of the design, programming, and testing of next generation cryptographic communications security modules that serve as the standard protecting data on both critical US and foreign ally data links. This hands-on engineering work covers the full life-cycle of hardware and software development, including requirements definition, design, implementation using FPGAs and embedded software, device testing and system integration support. The modules developed undergo Information Assurance certification documentation and testing prior to embedment in a variety of system applications including helicopters and UAVs.
* * NEED A FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE? WE GOT YOU COVERED
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Assisting with designing new products and processes and improving and maintaining existing products
- Communicating with the other engineering personnel to coordinate the interrelated design and assure project completion
- Conducting design analysis on components and assemblies to assist in the development process by ensuring designs are cost efficient, able to be manufactured, and reliable
- Applying ASIC or FPGA place and route (P&R) tools with various libraries to create physical implementations of designs
- Developing and maintain documentation for the P&R design flows
- Assisting with de-processing electronic components and retrieving stored firmware or software
- Designing new products and processes and improving and maintaining existing products
- Working with tool and library vendors to develop solutions for designers’ P&R design challenges
- Integrating new P&R tools, P&R tool updates, and ASIC or FPGA design libraries into Government’s computer aided design environment, documents the use of those tools and libraries, and Assist other physical designers to successfully complete their specific P&R design tasks
- Leading the designs of new products and processes and improve and maintain existing products
- Providing technical leadership to less experienced engineers
- Performing Security Verification Testing and Certification to meet Type I Information Assurance Certification standards
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph. US Citizenship required
- Seven (7) years’ experience as a HDE in integrated circuit or microelectronic component design is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional hardware design engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Six (6) years’ experience in at least five (5):
- FPGA design
- Xilinx's Vivado
- Microblaze Design Suite
- Partial Reconfiguration
- Very High Speed Integrated Circuit (VHSIC)
- Hardware Description Language (VHDL)
- Low Voltage Differential Signaling (LVDS)
- High Speed Serdes (HSS).
Development of security products within the Cyber Intelligence field is highly sought
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.