Today, Electronic Warfare (EW) is a growing enterprise - protecting the warfighter and our national security against ever-adapting threats. Leidos currently has an opening for a Electronics Lab Technician to support EW programs in Arlington, VA.
• Support Engineering Groups by inspecting, kitting, assembling, soldering, and reworking printed circuit board assemblies, mechanical assemblies, and cable assemblies.
• Support the Lab in the function of organizing, cleaning, and auditing.
• Familiarity with electrical schematics, engineer drawings, specifications, manuals, and plans.
• Perform wiring harness and cable assembly, performing continuity checks on the final assemblies.
• Perform work (soldering, circuit modification, and general inspection) under a microscope.
• Perform basic wire and power supply checking
• Assist engineering on basic alignments on subassemblies and test equipment
• Well-developed communication skills with the ability follow written instructions, document work performed, and follow up with engineers and management as required.
• The candidate should possess an Associate s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and three years minimum experience or demonstrated a high degree of ability to successfully perform all duties of this position.
• Ability to use small hand tools (tweezers, pliers, screwdrivers, wrenches).
• Experience with assembling prototype circuitry to engineering instructions, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronic systems and components, problem solving as required.
• Experience with organization, maintenance, and daily operation of an electronics laboratory.
• Candidate must have a willingness to perform other tasks as assigned.
• Experience with electronics, assembly, testing, troubleshooting preferred.
• Must have a willingness to learn and grow in the engineering field.
• Experience working with cross functional development teams
• Motivated self-starter able to work under minimal supervision
• 20% travel may be required across the division and/or customer sites
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
• Preferred experience with VSWR, power measurements and be conversant regarding dBM and Watts measurements.
• Must have basic computer skills.
• Preferred ability to use RF laboratory equipment to include signal generators, network analyzers, power measurement devices, pulse generators, and digital oscilloscopes
• RF experience is strongly preferred.
• Current Secret Security Clearance or above. Ability to get Top Secret Clearance in the future.
Pay Range:Pay Range $42,250.00 - $65,000.00 - $87,750.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.