Leidos has an opening on the ESA V program for a Mainframe Programmer operating in the z/OS operating system. ESA V is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, Windows Server, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, and all server and network infrastructure, among others.
The Mainframe Programmer will be a part of our Mainframe Engineering team primarily responsible for providing infrastructure support and management for multiple Mainframe environments. The primary responsibility of the Mainframe Programmer will be managing, operating, and maintaining IBM Mainframe Services within z/OS
Day to day tasks include:
- Document all platform service processes and procedures and maintain the artifacts in a document repository
- Perform system operation support including server system administration
- General troubleshooting of complex engineering issues for hardware, software, and network components
- Software installation, automations, and migrations
- Supporting backup and recovery tasks
- Evaluating new hardware and software, with the goal of improving and increasingly efficient operations
- Bachelors degree with 8+ years of overall related experience with an IBM z/OS Mainframe environment. High school diploma with additional years experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Expert knowledge of Db2 for z/OS and it’s subsystems
- Support on a M-F business hours schedule in the US Eastern time zone
- Extended hour and weekend support as required by mission or emergencies
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
- U.S. Citizen
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information, prior to start date
- DOJ or DOD Active Clearance
- z/OS Certifications and Training
- Content Managers: one Content Manager Multiple LPARs
- WebSphere Application Servers: one WebSphere each LPAR
- OPTIM pureQuery, tools customizer – Guardium Db2
- BMC tools for db2
- Knowledge of the following tools: Java, COBOL, CICS TS, Unix, OAM, IBM Apache Server, FDR, DFSMS, ISPF, CICS
- Ability to apply user requirements to the analysis, planning, and design of technology systems.
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to the Government Lead.
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency.
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment
- Ability to interface with all customer levels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with using ITSM for ticketing and change management (ServiceNow specifically)
The Mainframe Engineering team is currently operating 100% Remote, however a return to work on-site at a customer site in Washington, DC is possible. Telework or 100% Remote work arrangements as a part of any potential return to work plan are negotiable.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.