The Defense Group has an immediate opening for a Lead Subcontracts Administrator (Lead SCA). In this position, the Lead SCA is an integral part of the program team who is responsible for developing, negotiating, and administering subcontract agreements and acquisition aspects in new business proposals of high dollar value, risk, creativity and complexity. The position requires a thorough knowledge of federal subcontracting, and experience in providing creative solutions to business and program requirements. The individual will:
- Create subcontract solicitations from customer requirements and/or solicitations after analyzing which requirements flow down from the prime;
- Analyze and estimate price proposals utilizing various cost and price analysis techniques; and
- Negotiate terms and conditions, specifications/statement of work, price, date of delivery and other contractual and licensing provisions with subcontractors.
In addition, the position requires ability to manage multiple priorities, excellent written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, and team building techniques in a diverse and dynamic environment. The employee has latitude to make moderate adjustments commensurate with the area of responsibility. The position requires day-to-day interface with Leidos management and staff as well as senior management of suppliers, team members and subcontractors. He/She will lead and /or assist in new business proposals. The ability to work a high volume of relatively complex work independently with minimal oversight while managing multiple priorities and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction is essential.
- Has the ability to identify relatively complex problems and risks related to terms and conditions and make recommendations for appropriate mitigation steps.
- Will communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.) and internal team members from other functions supporting the same division(s) or program(s).
- May assist management by coaching more junior staff on policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Demonstrates business acumen, and has a general understanding of the impacts of contract and proposal activities on other functions within the organization.
- Demonstrates the value of the function with interactions with internal customers and external suppliers, operating with a customer service-oriented perspective that continually seeks to improve business results consistent with organizational core values, such as:
- Demonstrating negotiation skills used to maximize Leidos’ return and minimize our risk; and
- Establishing strong, positive relationships with suppliers that can be leveraged to assist in problem resolution.
Typical Education & Experience:
- Typically requires a BA degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional basic qualifications: Federal Acquisition Regulation familiarity
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.