he Deputy Program Manager (DPM) will support key customer and stakeholder strategic relationships of the assigned product. The DPM will be support the Program Manager in coordination, management, and execution of all program activities associated with assigned product delivery contract(s) and related growth projects during the full lifecycle of programs/projects. This includes customer and stakeholder communications as the primary company interface, delivery of products and/or services in accordance with program requirements, cost/technical/schedule management support, program P&L support, and any business/development and corresponding new business activities.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and managing key stakeholder relationships within the TSA contracting environment, with a focus on the assigned product contract(s) to enable effective program execution including, program reviews, weekly status meetings/reports, periodic deliverables, technical interchange meetings and support new business opportunities.
- Support alignment of assigned product development with end-customer mission needs in coordination with the Program Manager and Leidos Product Lead.
- Assist the Program Manager in managing cost, schedule, and technical performance of major programs/service in accordance with company and industry best practices for program management across the program lifecycle and product deployment/installation.
- Plans, organizes and integrates company resources required to successfully manage the program and its projects through leading functional teams in execution and completion of all contractual obligations. This is done through development of a PM plan, defining scope, planning, developing cost and risk plans, procurement, manufacturing, performing QC, testing, customer service support, delivering product according to customer defined schedule of deliveries, and working the program through final payment.
- Develop and maintain strong internal partnerships across the Operation and functional teams (e.g. Product Line Leads, Finance, Engineering, Service, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Legal, and Quality)
- Establishes goals and objectives related to program support for the functional and program team; obtains their commitments to those goals; and, tracks progress.
- Program P&L understanding and support to Program Manager including developing and holding to financial goals.
- Identifies business development and value added sales opportunities related to programs, supports product management efforts to manage the lifecycle of products and/or services including improvements, enhancement and obsolescence, and supports negotiations with customers.
- Prepares periodic status reports and monthly Program Management Reviews for the Executive Leadership Team.
- Monitors program readiness for achieving deliverables, and makes necessary adjustments to achieve deliverables are compliant, on time and within budget.
- A minimum of 4 to 8 years of related experience.
- Proven ability to build and maintain positive and effective customer relationships, representing Leidos as a trusted partner.
- Proven ability to lead and manage cross-functional teams and relationships in a matrix environment; influence people outside of direct reporting relationships/levels; and, communicate effectively at all levels.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required for effective interface with internal and external customers.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and customers is essential.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office applications
- Working knowledge of financial concepts and measurements to program management e.g., ROI, earned value management, net present value etc.
- Experience in manufacturing or engineering environments with knowledge of MRP systems and Configuration Management principles
- Security Requirement: This position will require vetting by US Department of Homeland Security and may require a secret security clearance. Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen.
- PMP® Certification is preferred. Highly relevant and successful Program/Project Management experience may be considered as an alternative.
- Must be able to travel on regular basis a minimum of fifteen percent (15%) of the time to key customers and suppliers.
- Experience with development, installation, delivery, maintenance/warranty, and/or management of security detection & automation equipment.
- Experience in obtaining various licenses, certifications, and accreditations etc. for contract requirements.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.