Responsible for Site installation of electrical equipment to industry standards. Ability to follow instructions and undertake tasks with minimal supervision. Periods of travel are required away from home in the UK and Overseas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Ability to read and understand electrical drawings
- Installation of cable containment and wiring systems
- Understanding of control panel wiring to undertake modifications to control cabinets
- Fault finding of electrical circuits
- Capability to carry out testing procedures on control systems
- Effective time management, field-based sites require travel and periods of time away from home. Must be willing to undertake this commitment
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to understand tasks allocated and to work with project team and Clients to deliver projects to timing plans.
- Role involves working with the site installation team to deliver projects to timing plans.
- Periods of working with other departments in the business to achieve delivery of the departmental requirements.
Cross Functional Working
- Continually build relationships with internal stakeholders to achieve the successful completion of projects
- Adapt to roles within other departments to facilitate delivery of projects
Health & Safety
- Always follow and promote Group and Company policies and procedures
- Ensure all Company equipment and personal PPE is correctly used and maintained.
- Fully Understand and always adhere to the Company’s Equality Policy at all times
- All employees must conduct themselves in accordance with our Corporate Company Values and Business Ethics at all times
Skills & Attributes
- Good communication skills, Customer facing skills, ability to work on own, confidence to make decisions to overcome issues
- Proven experience of Site Installation
- Previous experience in a similar working environment
- Experience of working with other trades / teams to ensure project deliveries.
- Wide ranging technical background
- Previous experience in all or some of the following areas: Automation
- Automotive manufacturing
- Aerospace manufacturing
- Mechanical/material handling
- Conveyor systems
- Control systems
- Electrical power systems
- Successfully completed NVQ3 diploma in electrical engineering.
- Fully qualified electrician
- Qualified in 18th edition electrical regulations
- ECS Gold card holder
- Electronics qualification
- Computer training qualification
- Electrical inspecting and testing qualification
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.