The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Senior Program Manager, contingent upon contract award, to support a program in Bethesda, MD.
The Senior Program Manager role is a highly visible strategic position to ensure exceptional program execution in delivery of client-focused services to HHS. As a Senior Program Manager across multiple projects, the candidate will provide management and oversight for all technical, financial, schedule, and risk efforts in support of the program and is responsible for ensuring that the strategic direction and development of cost and operational models align with the customer’s changing operational needs. The candidate will provide overall direction of program activities, manage and maintain contractor interface with the senior levels of the customer’s organization, consult with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverables, ensure conformance with program and project task schedules and costs and contractual obligations. The candidate will establish and maintain technical and financial reports to show progress of projects to management and customers, organize and assign responsibilities to subordinates, oversee the successful completion of all assigned tasks, and assume the initiative and provide support to marketing personnel in identifying and acquiring potential business.
The senior program manager responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, change management, analytics, user experience and transition oversight. Furthermore, the senior program manager will contribute to technical solutions and proposal efforts, to include providing strategic direction and authoring content as well as provide advisory and subject matter expertise support from time to time on other operational programs as required and expected to cultivate strong and dynamic customer relationships in all activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively engage other organizations within Leidos on collaboration efforts that ensure that we deliver the best product and solutions to HHS
- Develop client-focused offerings to enhance delivery across the HHS division
- Manage multiple high-visibility HHS program, overseeing operational execution and financial aspects of contract deliverables, cost, and schedule to achieve all key performance indicators, service level agreements, and annual operating plan commitments
- Coordinate efforts associated with finance, risk, subcontracts, change and contractual management
- Assist with the management of the Integrated Master Schedule; validating progress updates with the scheduler and team
- Provide oversight of program deliverables, responsible for working with program leads to ensure a successful delivery
- Support the development of internal and external briefings inclusive of program execution reviews, and executive meetings
- Review cost reports and invoices, identifying anomalies, and executing corrective actions to ensure accuracy
- Participate in customer meetings, effectively communicating program status and request clarification on issues when needed
- Coordinate the compilation of program documentation inclusive of work instructions, management plans, and directives
- Provide oversight of program staffing requirements, working with assigned TA Managers to support efficient hiring
- Work with highly technical teams to report status and assist with other support tasks
- Actively engage with functional support teams to ensure customer and Leidos requirements are met
- Provide operational oversight, coaching to front line leaders, mentoring and developing of staff and succession planning for the program
- Lead staff to achieve a high degree of customer affinity and maintain the growth of a positive Leidos brand recognition within HHS
- Develop employee base to achieve high degree of employee retention and performance
- Manage organizational compliance within Leidos policies and procedures as well as actively participate in regular quality audits.
- Through personal example, set the tone and direction for moral and ethical leadership for the HHS program. Continue to build a culture grounded in the Leidos values, beliefs, and expectations and highest standards of ethical and respectful behavior. Promote improved transparency and cross-group collaboration
- Provide supervisory oversight over other programs as assigned and deliver satisfactory operational and financial results of the collective
- Collaborate with business development to drive capture and growth initiatives from the line perspective and deliver satisfactory results in re-compete, new business and take away pursuit outcomes
- Bachelor's Degree and 15 years of program management experience for strategic programs and services across HHS operating divisions
- Experience in directly managing programs comprised of at least 30-50 FTEs, while simultaneously supervising multiple other programs with teams ranging in size from 30-100 FTES spanning both FFP and T&M contract types
- Experience in leading teams using Agile, SAFe, and ITIL
- Knowledge of and experience leading software development and analytics programs
- Experience managing subcontractors including development of SOWs and financial oversight
- Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management
- Expertise and working knowledge of cost account management, risk management, staffing, sales growth, direct customer communication with customer leaders/executives
- Information Technology experience in managing multiple, cross-functional teams or projects and advising senior level management and key stakeholders
- Ability to maintain discretion associated with staffing and cost requirements
- Experience with Program/Project Management principles and concepts (WBS, PWS, IMS, RACI, Risk Management)
- Ability to utilize MS Office Products to develop and maintain program documentation and CDRL’s
- Strong analysis skills, with the ability to identify and improve documentation to support the PMO and Technical Teams
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Successful record of capturing new business at NIH, HHS, or comparable civil government customers
- Requires ability to obtain Public Trust level 5 clearance.
- Strongly preferred, PMP certified with solid experience managing large teams
- ITIL certification
- Demonstrated current and significant relationships with HHS or comparable civil government executives and mid-level managers, particularly in IT operations, network and security services
- Experience with ServiceNow or Microsoft Suite, including MS Project, Visio, and PowerBI
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.