Leidos is looking for Consulting Employees to support our Capture Operations & Excellence (CO&E) team with a variety of roles including Proposal Managers, Proposal Writers, Proposal Coordinators, Graphic Artists as well as other Business Development and Capture opportunities. Partial telework is available, but the candidate should be local to the National Capital region and go into the office as needed.
General Overview: Are you driven to excel and motivated to produce high-scoring content? If so, join the Leidos Corporate Proposal Center, a fast-paced and highly talent team that is focused on winning new business for the company. Leidos proposal writers work across technical capabilities and program teams, build strong relationships, support diverse customer needs, and advance their capabilities beyond the industry standard.
Position Description: The Consulting Employee collaborates with Leidos experts and team members to develop compliant, responsive, and compelling proposals in response to Federal Government solicitations. The ideal candidate will have experience working past performance and corporate experience volumes, which includes qualifying opportunities to align with solicitation requirements, and be a US Citizen, eligible to obtain a clearance.
- Proposal Writers will write and lead technical, management, resume, and/or past performance sections and volumes, with a heavy emphasis on past performance.
- Graphic Artists will use Adobe Creative Suite and PowerPoint skills, conceive, design, lay out, and coordinate conceptual illustrations and creative artwork in accordance with Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements, Proposal Operations Standard Operating Procedures and Leidos branding guidelines.
- Proposal Managers will lead and manage proposal development for video, live orals, and demonstration proposals and or segments from Pre-Proposal Phase through Post Proposal Phase.
- Proposal Coordinators will assist proposal managers in providing day-to-day supervision of the proposal process as they plan and build high quality, winning responses to requests for proposals.
- Works as part of a collaborative team to clearly articulate solution and strategy, approach to performing the work, experience, win themes, and discriminators.
- Applies communication and interviewing skills to gather needed information from internal and external personnel to support proposal activities.
- Develops and implements process improvements to help improve proposal quality.
- Bachelor’s degree and experience supporting Business Development and/or Capture Operations
- Experience working as a BD and/or Capture professional responding to Federal Government solicitations
- Demonstrated success supporting, leading or assisting with Capture Operations and/or Business Development
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Strong work ethic and desire to excel and keep growing over time
- US Citizenship, as well as the ability to obtain a clearance
- Experience working with Capture and/or BD Federal Government solicitations
- Ability to coach and instruct others to facilitate consistency across multiple authors
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.