This position is a full-time remote teleworker but may require occasional on-site meetings.
Leidos is seeking an analytical and results-driven knowledge management professional to join our digital modernization team. As the Leidos Enterprise Taxonomy Architect you will collaborate with clients and stakeholders to lead the design, development, consolidation, and governance of enterprise taxonomy initiatives supporting federal websites, mobile and digital applications. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, an excellent communicator, highly organized, and comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the design, development, maintenance, growth, and governance of an enterprise taxonomy.
- Conduct critical reviews of existing taxonomies and metadata schemas to establish a consolidated, enterprise taxonomy.
- Serve as a lead client interface—representing program initiatives, providing consultation on taxonomy best practices, and producing related artifacts and deliverables.
- Coordinate stakeholder interviews, facilitate workshops and discovery sessions, and conduct compelling presentations to decision-makers.
- Establish enterprise taxonomy acceptance criteria, governance plans and practices, and change management procedures.
- Serve as a thought leader, helping to ensure the adoption of taxonomy and knowledge management best practices.
- Leverage taxonomy management system(s) and semantic platform(s) to establish knowledge graphs, manage terms and relationships, organize and unify information, ensure change control, and manage classification logic and related system configuration.
- Work in tandem with search technologist and stakeholders to identify semantic solutions and integrate search to ensure optimized content discovery for end users.
- Produce deliverables (e.g., reports, procedures, and governance plans), support usability and acceptance testing, create training materials, and conduct end user trainings.
To be considered for this position, you must possess:
- 4 years or more of experience designing and managing taxonomies, thesauri, and/or ontologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in library or information science, data management, or related field. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Knowledge of accepted taxonomy standards (i.e., ISO 25964 and ANSI/NISO Z.39.19).
- Experience facilitating workshops, producing deliverables and briefings, and conducting formal presentations.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- The ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
Not required, but additional education, certifications, and/or experience will be considered a plus:
- Experience using and configuring taxonomy management and semantic platforms such as Smartlogic’s Semaphore.
- Master’s Degree in library or information science, data management, or related field.
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.