Leidos is looking for a Cyber Security Systems Engineer to work on a highly visible, consultation service team to provide encryption and security engineering guidance to project teams and system implementers. The selected candidate will provide implementation advice for system security architecture, design, and cryptographic services to assist teams in understanding and addressing system security issues identified during the assessment process. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for investigating new technologies and products, focusing on methods to enhance the systems engineering/cyber security engineering related tasks
- Use key tools and technologies such as encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, and DNS
- Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of related experience. Work experience can be used/combined with education
- Demonstrated hands-on (not policy) experience in two (2) or more of the following areas: Network, host, cloud, data, or application security in multiple operating system environments.
- Demonstrated hands-on (not policy) experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies including encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, electronic mail and access lists
- Demonstrated experience working with Internet, web, application, and network security techniques
- Demonstrated experience developing documentation to meet security requirements and guidance
- Demonstrated hands-on experience creating test plans and conducting evaluations and/or prototyping
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working with relevant operating system security (Windows, Solaris, Linux, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with Cross Domain Solutions that transfer data between networks operating at different classification levels
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) architecture and other cloud computing environments
- Demonstrated experience with the Sponsor's policies, directives, and standards
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.