Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a Substation Physical Engineering Manager to join our diverse and fast-paced organization in Orlando FL office. As a core team member, you will be interacting with other electric utility disciplines, playing a valuable part in leading and designing high voltage utility substation projects. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career; share your resume with us today!
In this role, the qualified individual will be expected to:
- Manage a growing team of 8 substation physical designers and engineers
- Lead substation physical design projects for US and international clients
- Support development of bids and proposals for projects valued at $10k- $1M
- Develop new and optimize existing in processes within the substation team
- Mentor junior to mid-level engineers to design physical engineering projects
- Monitor and work with Project Managers and Lead engineers to ensure Project schedule/quality and budget is met
- Lead and/or perform Substation Engineering design (including general arrangement, electrical plans and sections, grounding plan and details, raceway plan and details, shielding plan and details, lighting plan and details, functional diagrams, AC Elementary, DC Elementary, Wiring Diagrams, etc.) at HV and EHV voltage levels while adhering to prevailing standards, practices, procedures and project/program requirements.
- Function as client Point of Contact (P.O.C) and work directly with clients on project-related issues.
- Direct and/or participate in client meetings and job-site visits to collect and deliver design and engineering information.
• B.S. or M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
• 8-12 years of prior relevant experience in utility substation engineering with a B.S. degree
• 6 years of prior relevant experience in utility substation engineering with a M.S. degree
• Prior experience as a substation lead engineer performing QC reviews and staff training/mentorship
• Experience with serving as firm-client liaison in a support and lead engineering role
• Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
• Experience with engineering programs and software (including SKM, ASPEN, ETAP, CDEGS or vendor software)
• Construction support experience
• Active membership in national engineering societies and work-groups (IEEE, PES, etc.)
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.