Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The Ports and Borders division is seeking a Machine Learning Scientist in Sunny San Diego California at our Vista, CA site. Leidos designs, manufactures, and maintains an extensive product line of non-intrusive inspection equipment, radiation detection equipment, and explosives detection systems. The Machine Learning Scientist will be responsible for AI product development, create and manage ML modeling and interface with software team for deploy product. The successful candidate will be a key member of the Science and System team in Port and Boarder with primary responsibilities for solve challenging problems using and developing advanced AI/ML methods. These will include product specifications, system modelling, algorithm development, and providing guidance to product development engineers.
- Provide definition of requirements and high-level design for AI/ML security product.
- Lead and participate in AI/ML R&D activities
- Curate and manage training data sets.
- Develop models using various frame works (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Develop image classification and object detection network using Deep Learning algorithms (e.g. CNN’s Siamese Networks)
- Lead preliminary and critical design reviews during the product development process
- Follow established SDA ISO processes
- Provide regular project technical status reports to management
- Make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science
- Master’s degree in physics, engineering, computer science, data science, or closely related field w/ 3+ yrs relevant experience
- Experience with programming language
- Strong hands on experiences in AI/ML algorithm for computer vision application
- Knowledge of Deep learning libraries (TensorFlow, TyTorch, Caffe)
- Doctorate in physics, engineering, computer science, data science, or closely related field
- Knowledge in AI/ML algorithm in X-ray imaging or high dynamic imaging
- Knowledge with statistics and modeling
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.