The Leidos C4ISR Operation of the Defense Group is seeking an experienced Senior Capture Manager to support the pursuit of opportunities across the Department of Defense.
The Senior Capture Manager is responsible for the capture leadership of assigned opportunities in support of the C4ISR growth strategy. The Senior Capture Manager must thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full Capture life-cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. The Senior Capture Manager will routinely be assigned 2-3 large (>$50M) pursuits at various stages of capture at the same time. The ideal candidate will have previously served as a capture manager with proven experience supporting DoD C4ISR customers and have a network of contacts.
Successful candidates will have the ability to conceptualize a vision for winning, to develop a capture plan that implements the vision and translates into win themes, to adjust the vision as the procurement unfolds, and to focus and manage the capture activities and team (internal and external) to achieve the vision through final proposal submission and assist in preparing the execution team to perform quickly post award.
- Develop a plan for securing knowledge and understanding of the customer’s requirements, issues, and needs during the pursuit and capture phases and lead planning sessions with core team
- Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices
- Plan and participate in capture activities, to include opportunity gate reviews, color team reviews, collaboration and workshop sessions, and proposal reviews.
- Lead competitive assessments, teaming, and price-to-win efforts
- Develop the overall win strategy and perform the associated marketing for assigned opportunities
- Develop, organize, and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions
- Interacts routinely with all levels of Operation and Group management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers
- Support the writing of white papers, RFI responses, and other proposal artifacts as assigned
- Apply a practical application (including documentation) of the Leidos capture planning process and practices
- Brief capture status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process, when material changes occur and as needed
- Support other business development activities as assigned
- Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (business/marketing, engineering or computer science) and 12+ years of related experience or Master’s degree with 10+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- Proven track record of successful capture management in the C4ISR market across multiple organizations and program offices in the Department of Defense at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Knowledge of Government contracting, current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors.
- Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor behaviors in the market.
- Proven experience leading and working with virtual and geographically diverse teams.
- Proven ability to collaborate within and across organizational boundaries.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with prior experience presenting to senior executives, peers, and customers.
- Technical writing and proposal development experience.
- Willingness to travel to other U.S. cities and OCONUS to support customer visits and strategy workshops.
- Estimated up to 50% annually as required
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
- Experience with Army/Navy/Air Force C4ISR systems highly desired.
- Program Management, Business Development or Systems Engineering experience a plus.
- Completed professional training in Business Development / Capture Management
- Advanced degree in related field
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.