Leidos is looking to hire a Senior Database Server Design Engineer in Quantico, VA to join our newly awarded SMIT program.
Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Next Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete (NGEN-R) Contract; now called SMIT. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy.
Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT)program, Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
Assist the Government Lead in the daily engineering duties on systems. Determine current levels of system and application resource utilization and performance.
- Perform database server design, server file structures, design, retrieval and access methods; database modules structures design and integration; database schema design and optimization, query analysis, index design and optimization, and refactoring; and database performance analysis and tuning, tracing, and profiling.
- Execute security updates in accordance with Government procedures for directory services. Complete system and database integration with virtualization; specifically, but not limited to, VMware and Hyper-V.
- Perform integration with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) certificates and network accounts to support two-factor authentication for all Active Directory (AD) domain account categories and eliminate the need for password-based authentication.
- Implement Directory Services providing authentication to enterprise applications and trusted relationships between users, devices, applications, services, and other resources throughout the network. Utilize the capacity management tool set.
- Construct analytical models describing utilization and performance at multiple levels.
- Develop and implement systems to analyze and report levels of utilization and performance.
- Recommend parameters to regulate the relative utilization levels of workloads.
- Support the measurement and reporting of service level objectives.
- Support disaster recovery sizing activities and capacity management audits.
- Perform system integration and server installation on various server hardware.
- Provide database engineering designs to support enterprise services.
- Monitor and optimize replication speed of database services. Oversee Rights Management Services for administrators, users and groups and Windows PowerShell scripting.
- Design application networking ports and protocols, Information Assurance (IA), routing and Local Area Network (LAN).
- Assist with the development and integration of identity and access management requirements such as ForeFront Identity Manager, Oracle/Sun Identity, and Access Management.
- Possess ability to operate and integrate all of the following tools: Microsoft Structured Query Language (SQL), Oracle, Database management systems (DBMS), Microsoft and Linux OS technologies.
- Perform system integration using patch management, software distribution, and operating system deployment tools including WSUS (Windows Server Update Services), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012, HBSS, and external storage devices utilizing Logical Unit Numbers (LUNs), quota distribution and File sharing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field
10 Years of Experience.
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level III
- Experience using Windows 2008 R2/2012 R2 Platforms solutions. Experience writing code (C, C#, VB.Net, Java) and proficiency with RDBMS databases (SQL and Oracle).
- ForeFront Identity Manager
- Oracle/Sun Identity, and Access Management
- Microsoft Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Oracle, Database management systems (DBMS)
- Microsoft & Linux OS
- WSUS (Windows Server Update Services)
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012
- Windows 2008 R2/2012 R2 Platforms
- Windows PowerShell
- C, C#
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.