Leidos is looking to hire a Senior Virtualization Design Engineer in Quantico, VA to join our newly awarded SMIT program.
Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Next Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete (NGEN-R) Contract; now called SMIT. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps. NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy.
Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT), Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
Assist the Government Lead in the daily engineering duties on systems. Design, implement, and support the network to include installation, maintenance, security, and day-to-day monitoring of virtual infrastructure.
- Maintain and administer applications, custom monitors, and custom reports.
- Coordinate and manage overall system maintenance.
- Recommend and implement test sets to provide root cause analysis and resolution for alerts and events and resolve incidents in response to escalated tickets.
- Work with cluster file systems and other technologies to provide redundancy and availability for server farms and applications.
- Develop and execute software, testing, and validation procedures, programming and documentation.
- Design and customize software to optimize operational efficiency in cloud-based environments and develop and integrate virtual storage console.
- Execute data store design and management.
- Support virtualization capacity, performance design, and management. Manage virtualization high availability/disaster recovery solution design and integration. Complete Virtual Switching (Vswitch) design and configuration.
- Perform tasks associated with application networking ports and protocols, Information Assurance (IA), routing and Local Area Network (LAN). Manage user and group permissions and security design.
- Initiate security updates in accordance with Government procedures for directory services. Support evaluating virtualization and network consolidation.
- Perform virtualization integration with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012, SQL 2012R2, external storage devices utilizing LUNs, quota distribution and file sharing and installation on various server hardware.
- Perform system integration with Host Based Security System (HBSS).
- Perform virtualization integration with New File System (NFS), IP Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) and Fiber Channel (FC).
- Experience with Data Sharing, Network Attached Storage (NAS), Disaster Recovery preparation, and integration of capabilities with Cloud Computing and Cyber architectures.
- Experience with administering the most current versions of Windows Operating Systems and Windows Operating Systems environments, virtual infrastructure platforms, and working with vendor-neutral virtual networking solutions and technologies.
- Experience with virtualization concepts, virtual and storage networking protocols, such as Fiber Channel protocols and Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI).
- Experience with VMWare and Hyper-V tools and VMWare Update Manager. Experience with Hyper-V WSUS (Windows Server Update Services).
- Must possess Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 Foundation.
- Must possess professional-level certifications in one or more technology related vendor solutions such as Veritas, EMC Corporation, NetApp, or Tivoli, or demonstrate sufficient experience in lieu of certification.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field along with 10 Years of experience.
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level III
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- EMC Corporation
- Hyper-V tools
- VMWare Update Manager
- WSUS (Windows Server Update Services)
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012
- SQL 2012R2
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.