The Mission Support Operation is currently soliciting experienced web-based data collection specialists (also known as a Webscraper or Web Collection Specialist) with special knowledge and experience in finding and extracting various data types. Successful candidates will be part of an Open Source Exploitation Technology Team supporting an Intelligence Community customer in the National Capital Region (NCR). Web Data Collection Specialists will use technical tools to identify and collect data and content from publicly accessible websites, format the data, and deposit the data into curated repositories. Work location is customer site in Reston, VA.
All applicants MUST possess TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
The web data collection specialists collect data from publicly available sources using manual and automated methods, including authoring and maintaining scripts. Workflows, scripts, and methods are designed to research, assess, and collect data having geographic attributes or keys in support of intelligence mission requirements. The successful candidate will perform a variety of data collection and discovery tasks, including crawling selected web sources to determine content, structure, and metadata, formatting data to be compatible with necessary systems and performing API pulls. The successful candidate will be able to work both independently with minimal supervision, as well as within a team environment. The candidate will interact with customers to understand and document geospatial data production processes.
- Requires a BS/BA degree and 4+ years of experience related to web technologies or technology-based data collection. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience developing and deploying custom scripts within existing government or commercial owned/managed resources to provide open source collection
- Understand how to code scripts or software routines to perform and control reliable web collection to include use of Python and SQL to design, implement, and maintain efficient and reusable code
- Ability to identify discoverable metadata tagged content
- Ability to work independently and as a contributor to a team
- Self-starter with curious mindset and desire to solve problems and learn new skills
- Strong organizational skills, time-management skills, attention to detail, and strong initiative
- Candidates must possess excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with team members, customer representatives, external customers, and functional peer groups
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: Active TS/SCI with a polygraph
PREFERRED (OPTIONAL) QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of ArcGIS, ArcMap and related ESRI GIS products
- Advanced Knowledge of the Kapow Web Scraping tool
- Training, coursework, or experience in digital curation, metadata, digital libraries, electronic records management, big data analytics for the Web and text, ontologies, data semantics, information visualization, digital publishing standards and systems, and data management for big data
- Experience working with various types of digital map, imagery, GPS, and other location-coded data sets in raster, vector, and related formats
- Experience with: Python, SQL & Database, AWS - Amazon Web Services, Web Security Concepts
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.